Need help with a class?
- Tutoring for most introductory and GER (general education requirement) courses
- Trained undergraduate student consultants (Peer Learning Consultants, or PLCs) who have taken the course and are familiar with course content
- Small group sizes with a ratio of no more than 5 students per 1 PLC
- PLC-facilitated Study Hall sessions to help you stay on track with your workload
Our mission in PAL is to provide:
- Collaborative, peer-facilitated, content-based learning support for students.
- Support in applying effective studying and group learning methods for students.
- And an engaged learning experience that is aligned with The Furman Advantage for Peer Learning Consultants.
To put it in a shorter soundbite: we want to help students become better learners!
See the schedule of currently available PAL Groups.
Don't see what you need on our schedule? Fill out our Request Help Form and we'll be in touch!
About the Consultants
The Peer Assisted Learning Program is staffed by trained undergraduate students.
Info for Faculty
If you're an instructor for a course, find a quick list of the most important information and links to share with your students.