Explore the world. Discover yourself.
Study Away may have been an option you have considered ever since a Furman admissions counselor mentioned our programs during a campus visit. Perhaps a foreign language course at Furman piqued your interest in experiencing the culture and living language of that country. Whatever your motivation, the Rinker Center for Study Away and International Education is here to help you prepare for and navigate your way through the study away process. It’s important to remember that studying away is your experience: You’ll get out of it what you put into it.
FURMAN OFFERS A WIDE RANGE OF STUDY AWAY OPTIONS:
- Semester, Summer, or May Experience faculty-led programs
- Furman’s exchange programs
- Furman’s affiliate programs, which are coordinated by other universities or providers
500+FURMAN STUDENTS STUDY AWAY EACH YEAR
59%OF FURMAN STUDENTS STUDY AWAY
1/3OF FURMAN FACULTY MEMBERS LEAD A STUDY AWAY PROGRAM EACH YEAR
STUDY AWAY OVERVIEW
Students apply for study away programs through Furman’s competitive online application process, which includes:
- Application questionnaires
- An interview with a faculty director/program coordinator
- A check of Furman references
The cost of semester study-away programs is equivalent to tuition, room, and board on campus, plus a study away fee.
- Included in this price are course credits, all-in country program travel, and room and board away from campus.
- MayX courses range from $3000-$6000 depending on location and itinerary.
All aid can be applied towards semester study-away programs as if the student was on campus.
- Students with demonstrated financial need who have a FAFSA on file may apply for a Study Away Scholarship for semester, summer, and MayX programs.
Most Furman students are able to earn 15-16 sixteen credit hours on semester programs.
- MayX courses are worth 2 credits.
Study Away in the News
Furman University students gain insight into fishing activities in Prampram
Furman graduates receive Fulbright honors
Furman named a Best Value College for 2022 by The Princeton Review
Pathways course to guide students through The Furman Advantage
Seven Things To Know About Furman Engaged
Furman Engaged: A chance to share, celebrate and see the possibilities
Want to learn more about Study Away?
Feel free to contact our office if you have a question or need to get in touch with one of our staff members.