Pools & Swimming
Our heated, 25-yard pool is open year-round for lap swimming, recreational swimming, and group exercise classes. If you’re looking to transform your swim into an intense workout, we provide kickboards, aqua-jogger belts, and other fitness equipment. Along with our pool, our swimming area features a therapy pool. This side pool has a 4-foot and 9-foot-deep section to accommodate the needs of our Sports Medicine Center’s patients.
Lifeguard Certification Offerings
CRW regularly offers American Red Cross Lifeguarding classes. The fee is waived for CRW employees, or those who commit to work for CRW for at least two full semesters. Check-out the portal page to see the next available class offering. Reach out to Mickey McCauley to discuss employee candidate fee waiver. Also, be sure to review the prerequisites below:
- Minimum of 16 years of age on the final date of the class
- 300 yards of continuous swimming using front crawl or breaststroke (goggles are allowed for this segment). Swimmer must swim with face in and use rhythmic breathing, but the swim is untimed.
- Tread water, legs only, for 2 continuous mins. Candidate should have hands under armpits and head must remain above surface of the water (ears out).
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breast stroke (head above or below water), surface dive to a depth of 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10 pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point and exit the water without using the a ladder or steps. During the swim back, you must have your face above the water, both hands on the brick, and the brick on your torso. You have 1 minute and 40 seconds for this skill and goggles are NOT allowed.
- Students must attend all classes and complete any online pre-coursework to be eligible for the certification (no exceptions).