Through mentoring, the project will expose young males to diverse life activities, develop strong ethical character and provide models of positive leadership.
- Increase the Opportunities to Build Relationships
- Increase in Exposure and Awareness of Available Opportunities for the Student’s Pre and Post graduation
- Exposure to College and to Increase the Number of Students Graduating from High School Ready for College and Career
- Networking Opportunities with other Mentors, Business Owners, and other Professionals
- Exposure to Mentoring and Developing Skills to Enter into the Workforce as well as Learning Skills Necessary to Maintain Jobs
- Decrease in Potential Gang Involvement
- Decrease Discipline Issues at School and Home
- Recommendations from Administrators
- Recommendations from Teachers
- Recommendations from Guidance Counselors
- Input and Recommendations from Parents
- Recommendations from School Social Workers
- Input from Interested Students
- Review of Students Grades, Attendance, Behavior
- My Brother’s Keeper + Tiger Alliance= Viking Alliance
- Provide continuous support via mentoring from the middle level to the high school level and beyond.
- Students from the Middle School (Carver Elite Organization-CEO) will become a part of My Brother’s Keeper and/or Tiger Alliance at the high school based requirements.
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Dressing for Success
- Sexual Harassment-what is this and what does it look like?
- Using Resources at School and in the Community
- Applying of College
- Conflict Resolution
- Peer Pressure versus Good Decision-Making