Furman Website Editor Resources
Welcome to the Furman resource page regarding our upcoming new website launch. Here you will find the latest updates, information and FAQs to guide you and your department through this process.
Table of Contents:
- Site Editor Guide
- Website Editor Training Requests
- 2023 Digital Marketing Seminar Resources
- Modules Archive
- Photo Editing Guide
- Site Access & Project Requests Form
- Faculty & Staff Profile Forms
- New Website Webinar Recording
- Site Editor Questions Form
- ADA Resources
- Web Photo Gallery
Furman Website Editor Resources
Request a training session with ITS
You can book an initial or additional website training through ITS. Click on the link below to view and book these options.Book a Training Session
View our guide
Please click the link below to access the Furman Site Editor Guide. We will be updating this resource regularly.View the guide
View the modules archive
The following page has listed all standard Furman WordPress modules with visual examples and descriptions to help you as a site editor understand the different varieties and options for updating and building out new content.
Page password: FurmanSiteEditorView all modules
Web ADA Compliances Resources & Trainings
Watch our fall 2023 Web Compliance Training Webinar with Allyant via the button below, or utilize some of our other resources:
- Watch the PDF ADA compliance training video here
- View the Intro to Web Accessibility presentation slides here
Watch Recorded ADA Training Session
Access our photo editing guide for the website
What’s in the guide?
- Why you need to resize photos before uploading to the website
- How to resize a photo (Photoshop)
- How to resize a photo (Canto)
- How to know what dimensions your photo should be
- A list of dimensions for most-used modules
Watch the recorded webinar
Click to view on Box the recorded webinar session on 8/9/2022 focusing on new features and updates for the new website launch.Watch the recording
Access handouts and presentations from our Digital Marketing Seminar held on May 24, 2023
Review the presentation from the University Communications digital marketing seminar, or view/download the handout via the link below.Seminar 1-sheet handout
Web Photo Gallery
This photo gallery offers a variety of images of campus life and beauty for your website and marketing use. Please be sure to crop and compress the image file size appropriately in order to upload it to the website (max file size 1000KB). Simply click on the link and download the image you would like to use.View The Gallery
If you need assistance with a web project or need to update/establish website credentials, please use the following form.
Faculty & Staff Profile Requests
As a Furman website editor you are able to perform a variety of tasks and update wherever you have access to within our system. However, there are some limitations due to security and governance of our website.
These limits include:
- Edit or add to your website’s navigation
- Create or edit people/profile pages
- Reorder modules within a top-level page (front or parent page)
- Add, reorder or remove modules on a front or parent page
- Upload large documents exceed the maximum file-size limit (1,000KB)
- Edit or update any /majors-minors-programs page
- Setup site access for additional staff
- Paste or embed iframe codes
- Forms: embed iframe form codes in standard modules, forms can only be used when utilizing the Forms module and fill out its appropriate fields
- Alter designs, spacing and layout outside of the modular standard settings
You will need to fill out the appropriate information on the Website Project Request & Site Access Form above on this page.
If you are needing updates to your profile page or need one created, please fill out the appropriate staff, faculty, or student profile form in the above section of this page.
If you are needing to create or update a profile page for someone, please fill out the appropriate staff, faculty, or student profile form in the above section of this page.
Please provide all of the pertinent information and details via the Website Project Request & Site Access Form above on this page.
A module is a content block within a webpage. Every webpage on our site is constructed using modules, which serve as the fundamental pieces for creating web content. These modules can display various types of content, such as paragraphs, images and video galleries, calls-to-action/buttons, resource links, and more.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 covers a wide range of recommendations for making Web content more accessible. These guidelines will make content more accessible to a wider range of people with disabilities, including accommodations for blindness and low vision, deafness and hearing loss, limited movement, speech disabilities, photosensitivity, and combinations of these, and some accommodation for learning disabilities and cognitive limitations; but will not address every user need for people with these disabilities. These guidelines address accessibility of web content on desktops, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices.
Have a Question as a Website Editor?
Please note this form is intended for question or issues you may be experiencing while editing your website. If you are wanting to request a project, website access, or profile updates please scroll up on this page and choose the appropriate section.
Website Redesign Goals & Achievements:
- Increased ADA accessibility to Level AA 2.1.
- Implemented stronger mobile presentation, responsiveness, and streamlined navigation.
- Created a central content system with a refreshed News site design.
- Increased first page organic rankings for priority keywords.
- Elevated Furman’s brand and through improved design.
- Instilled a clear user path and clear calls-to-action for visit, apply and give.
- Establish individual pages for each major
- Optimized site loading speed.