The mission of the Student Office for Accessibility Resources is to create an accessible, inclusive, sustainable learning environment, where disability is recognized as an aspect of diversity that is integral to the campus community and to society. Our primary objective is to provide equal access to campus programs and activities for all students.
We envision Furman University to be a fully accessible campus and inclusive environment for people with disabilities. We do this by:
- Acknowledging disability as an aspect of human diversity;
- Cultivating awareness of the environment’s disabling barriers;
- Collaborating on and proactively facilitating accessible environments and experiences;
- Educating faculty and staff to create and maintain access in their spheres of influence;
- Creating an inclusive disability culture;
- Supplementing with reasonable accommodations to ensure access.
As a student with a disability, a supportive, diverse, and inclusive environment is an important factor when selecting your collegiate home.
Students requesting services must provide appropriate documentation of their disability.
Current Student Resources
We have compiled resources for students.
Faculty & Staff Resources
We have compiled resources for faculty and staff.
About the Student Office for Accessibility Resources
The Student Office for Accessibility Resources provides students with disabilities an equal opportunity to access Furman’s programs and facilities.
Get Involved with our Office
Want to work for our office and make Furman a more inclusive and accessible place?
Have a question? We’re here to help.