Virtual Summer Business & Innovation Boot Camp
INVEST IN YOUR FUTURE. INVEST IN YOURSELF.
Furman Innovation & Entrepreneurship and the Sullivan Foundation are bringing together the most innovative faculty in higher education to provide an impactful and transformative experience.
In this three-week intensive boot camp, you’ll learn the foundations of business and the fundamentals of driving innovation.
Designed for students who want to complement their degree with real-world business experience.
* In accordance with university protocol, the In-Person Boot Camp Experience will not be offered in Summer 2021 as we continue to monitor safety concerns regarding COVID-19.
- Three weeks, Monday through Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
*Times are subject to change
- June 7 – June 25, 2021
*Partial scholarships available; Sullivan students are eligible for additional grant funding through their university.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Analytics
- Design Thinking
- Early Career Accelerator Strategies
- Excel Modeling
- Graphic Design
- Professional Negotiation
- Management and Leadership
- Strategic Communication and Presentation Skills
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR LIVE VIRTUAL BOOT CAMP EXPERIENCE?
- Engaging live virtual sessions with innovative faculty
- Flexible options for those with additional responsibilities at home
- Networking events with industry-leading professionals
- Participate from anywhere
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
- Freshmen and Sophomores – Who lack access to internships and opportunities to develop essential skills
- Juniors – Who lost summer internship experiences due to COVID-19 and seeking to differentiate from the competition
- Seniors and Recent Grads – Who don’t have a job lined up or want to take control of their future employment
Past participants represent multiple colleges and universities:
- Anderson University
- Campbell University
- Clemson University
- Davidson College
- Furman University
- Guilford College
- Presbyterian College
- Sewanee: The University of the South
- University of Alabama
- Wake Forest University
- Warren-Wilson College
About Furman Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Furman Innovation and Entrepreneurship exists to develop leaders into entrepreneurially-minded thinkers and doers. Led by Executive Director, Anthony Herrera, the team at Furman has over 100 years of diverse industry experience.
- Innovation, at its core, is a mindset – do you have what it takes to unlock that mindset and take control of your future? If the answer is yes, apply TODAY!
For more information from Furman Innovation & Entrepreneurship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Sullivan Foundation
- Through college scholarships, awards and change-making events/programming, the Sullivan Foundation has been inspiring young people to place service to others above self-interest since 1934. Working through our network of 70 partner schools throughout the American South, we recognize, support and honor service-oriented college students as well as university faculty/staff members and alumni with a demonstrated record of community involvement.
Unfortunately, the boot camp is offered only on a non-credit basis.
You will receive an email within one week letting you know your application has been received.
You will need to submit your transcript to complete your application.
Notification of acceptance will be made following your completed application and transcript submission
The LIVE Virtual Summer Business and Innovation Boot Camp will meet Monday through Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET.
*Times are subject to change
Students participate in the program following completion of their freshman, sophomore, or junior year of college. However, recent college graduates may also participate in the program (graduates should have been out of college for no longer than two years).
Evaluation of applications is based on the student’s academic excellence through your grade point average and responses to the short essay questions.
There is no minimum required GPA. However, scholastic achievement will be considered. Acceptance into the boot camp is competitive and limited and applicants should apply early.
Yes, scholarships and financial assistance may be available to qualified students who are accepted into the program. Only students who submit the essay included in the application are eligible for scholarship/financial aid. Sullivan students are eligible for additional grant funding through their university.
Yes. The boot camp is designed for non-business majors. If students actively participate in class and keep up with preparation/homework they will be very successful. The boot camp requires no prior knowledge of business topics. We’ll build from the beginning and lay the foundation.