Community Engaged Medicine, M.S.
Furman University and Prisma Health-Upstate partner together to offer a Master of Science in Community Engaged Medicine. The 12 month/34 credit Master of Science provides:
- An advanced understanding of science and population health related to disparities between growing medical needs and resources within communities
·Patient-based case studies and primary literature used throughout the curriculum
·Implicit Bias & Community Engagement Training prepares students for and supports them in their field experiences
- An academic record for students pursuing medical school, dental school and other health-related professional programs and careers
- Small classes of 15-20 students that ensure individualized attention and high-impact learning experiences
- A 9-month clinical experience in underserved communities
- Kaplan preparation for professional examinations (MCAT, DAT, GRE) included in tuition
- Professional advising and support toward academic and career goals
·Office of Pre-Professional Advising through Furman University
·Student Success Service through University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville
Pre-requisites: Bachelor’s degree before the program start date, 3.0+ undergraduate GPA, completion of pre-health prerequisites, three letters of recommendation, and a demonstrated commitment to health and medical care for all people
Applications for the 2020-2021 cohort are currently open.
Summer term courses begin in June 2020
Tuition and Fees
The application fee is $85 (non-refundable).
An Enrollment Deposit of $500 (applied to summer 2020 tuition) is due no later than May 1, 2020.
Cost per term (summer, fall, and spring) is $9,250 due by the registration date for each graduate term.