Self-Exploration & Growth
Shucker Center for Leadership Development
The Shucker Leadership Institute is moving online to continue its two-year leadership development program. The Center is also exploring opportunities and partnerships to expand beyond the SLI program to provide leadership development to student organizations and more.
Opportunities for Reflection and Self-Exploration
Furman will continue to provide students the opportunities to identify their strengths, interests and passions. Throughout the spring, the offices and centers below will offer virtual one-on-one and small group sessions aimed to create these opportunities for self-reflection and learning.
- In-person and virtual Strengths development and coaching is available via the Strengths Development Strategies group.
- Visit the Cothran Center for Vocational Reflection
Spiritual Life Activities
The Office of Spiritual Life engages the heart and spirit of students, faculty, and staff by embodying a value for sacred mystery, nurturing mature spiritual formation and the pursuit of ultimate meaning and purpose, developing moral courage and justice, fostering multifaith education and relationship, and supporting a rich diversity of spiritual communities. Through both reimagined virtual and personal experiences programming will include:
- Exploration of Vocation and Ministry program
- Grief groups. Email Kate Taber for more information.
- Virtual lectures (CLP events)
- Virtual book study discussion groups
- Worship, meditation, and spiritual practices
- Pastoral care
- FaithZone (sign up later in the spring)
- Healthy Sexuality discussions (CLP events)
- Interfaith gatherings
The university will closely monitor the evolving circumstances related to COVID-19, along with rapidly developing scientific knowledge and medical resources, to determine the appropriateness for adjustments and contingencies. For general questions about the spring semester, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.