Furman Focused | Spring Return and COVID-19 Information
In This Section
Faculty Development Center
COVID-19 Response + FurmanFlex and Online Resources
Fall 2020 FurmanFlex & Online Learning Opportunities
SART Digest Archive – Fall 2020
SART Digest Archive – Spring 2020
SART Digest Archive – Spring 2021
SART Digest Archive – Summer 2020
Spring 2021 FurmanFlex & Online Learning Opportunities
Quick Guide to FurmanFlex and Online Course Preparation
Academic Affairs and DINformation Response Communication
FurmanFlex & Online Design Toolkit
FurmanFlex Instructional Technology
Preparing Your Platforms & Students for FurmanFlex and Online Learning
FurmanFlex Consultation Corps
FurmanFlex Frequently Asked Questions for Faculty
April 2020 Online Learning and Digital Collaboration Learning Opportunities
FDC Blog: Just in Time Teaching Resources
March 2020 Online Learning and Digital Collaboration Learning Opportunities
May 2020 Online Learning and Digital Collaboration Learning Opportunities
Online Lab Activities & Resources
Summer 2020 Online Learning and Digital Collaboration Learning Opportunities
On Campus Resources
Student Learning Resources
Advising & Mentoring Resources
Workshops & Events
Faculty Development Center Summer 2020 Vision Series
Talking Teaching Conversations
Programs & Grants
First Year @ Furman Programming
Small Group Instructional Feedback
Faculty Mentoring Program
Faculty Development Grants
Your Faculty Career
Information for Late-Career Faculty
Information for New Faculty
Information for Mid-Career Faculty
Faculty Development Center
Resources Beyond Furman
Inside Higher Ed
– Free News, Jobs, Career Advice and Events for college and university faculty, adjuncts, graduate students, and administrators.
The Chronicle of Higher Education
– Furman University has a domain-level subscription which allows faculty free access when using Furman email address.
– Faculty Focus publishes articles on effective teaching strategies for the college classroom — face-to-face, online, blended, or flipped.
– The Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching is a curated collection of free and open online teaching, learning, and faculty development services contributed and used by an international education community.
– The National Education Association has partnered with the Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network to provide practical advice to college and university faculty on how to more effectively teach higher education students.
– The Professional and Organizational Development (POD) Network in Higher Education is devoted to improving teaching and learning in higher education.
Solve a Teaching Problem
– Carnegie Mellon University has made available a tool to assist you with common teaching problems.
The Pedagogical Pundit
– Education is not simple or straightforward. It is more than just going to class and delivering or receiving material. Teachers have a lot of questions about learning, but limited time to find answers. This blog is a forum to discuss teaching and learning.