Welcome to Student Finance in Enrollment Services! Below you will find information regarding billing, payments, taxes, meal plans and many other helpful items. If you are interested in financial aid, please visit the Financial Aid website. If you have any questions or require any assistance, please contact us at email@example.com or 864 294 2030
- Fall 2022 is Due by August 15, 2022
- Spring 2023 is Due by December 15, 2022
Fall and Spring Semester are due by the due date unless you have a payment plan
|REGULAR SESSION||16 Week Semester||Annually|
|Comprehensive Fee||$1,731 Per Credit||$27,696||$55,392|
|Residence hall double occupancy||$3,917||$7,834|
|Residence hall designed single||$4,351||$8,702|
|North Village 2 bedroom apartment||$4,415||$8,830|
|North Village 4 bedroom apartment||$4,719||$9,438|
|Average Room Rate||TBD|
|Board:||Food Points Per Semester||Guests Meals Per Semester|
|190 Block Plan||350||15||$2,787||$5,574|
|160 Block Plan||400||15||$2,531||$5,062|
|110 Block Plan||450||10||$1,835||$3,670|
|75 Block Plan||450||5||$1,512||$3,024|
|Student Government Association||$190||$380|
|SUMMARY OF ANNUAL FEES|
|Resident Student||Commuting Student|
|Room (double occupancy)||$7,834||$0|
|Student Government Association||$380||$380|
|PAYMENT OF FEES|
|Fees are payable prior to the start of each semester for all students:|
|By August 15, 2022||$35,044||$27,886|
|By December 15, 2022||$35,044||$27,886|
|Tuition per credit hour||$850|
|GRADUATE STUDIES: EDUCATION|
|Tuition per credit hour||$425|
|GRADUATE STUDIES: MS CEM|
|Tuition per semester (per Summer, Fall, Spring term)||$9,250|
|GRADUATE STUDIES: MA SDG|
|Tuition per semester (per Summer, Fall, Spring term)||$7,850|
Billing Important Information
Students will receive a notification from our partner Nelnet when a billing statement is available.
NelNet is Furman’s payment vendor and the provider of 3rd-party access to your student’s account.
By clicking “Make a Payment” from the email notification, students will be directed to Nelnet to create & verify their account information. You can also:
- Add Authorized Parties (Parents or others) to View your account, Make a Payment, and/or Set up a Payment plan.
- Students must add an Authorized Party in Nelnet for a parent to have account access.
- View your account balance, transaction details, and the semester’s statement.
- Easily set up and save a financial account to make payments.
Workday is the portal for students to access student account information, registration, grades, housing portal, and financial aid.
Students can also access their financial account via workday.furman.edu. Click on Finances to view transactions. Under “My Account” you can select:
- Make a Payment or Set up a Payment Plan to be directed to Nelnet.
- View account activity or a statement.
- Set up Payment Elections – set up your bank account for Student Refunds.
- View your Financial Aid awards/complete required documents.
- Housing Self-Service Portal to change your meal plan.
- At a later date, Manage Paperless 1098-T to have online access to your 1098-T form.
Need more information? Check out https://blogs.furman.edu/workdayhelp/2021/04/21/finances/ under Student and Finances.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students must add an Authorized Party in Nelnet for a parent to have account access.
Fall and Spring Semester payments are due by the due date unless you have a payment plan.
Furman offers different payment plans to help spread out fall and spring semester tuition payments.
|Fall 2022 Payment Plan available in July after billing||$60 Fee for the fall payment plan|
|Payment Plan Types||Registration Dates||Number of Payments||Months of Payments|
|5- month payment plan||July 1- July 13||5||July 15-November 15|
|4- month payment plan||July 14-August 12||4||August 15-November 15|
|3- month payment plan||August 13-September 13||3||September 15-November 15|
|Spring 2023 Payment Plan available in December after billing||$60 Fee for the spring payment plan|
|Payment Plan Types||Registration Dates||Number of Payments||Months of Payments|
|5- month payment plan||December 1- December 13||5||December 15-April 15|
|4- month payment plan||December 14-January 13||4||January 15-April 15|
|3- month payment plan||January 14-February 11||3||February 15-April 15|
- 529 Savings Plan
- Credit Card
- State PrePaids
- Check mailed to Furman University
Mailing Address: Furman University, Enrollment Services, 3300 Poinsett Highway, Greenville, SC 29613
The process for Prepaid and 529 Plans:
- Parents/Students contact their Prepaid Plan and notify them of their intent to use it for the academic year.
- Provide any necessary documentation to the plan. Plans may require students to complete a Transfer Authorization request before your plan benefits will be paid. You can assess the transfer authorization within your plan account.
- Furman will invoice the prepaid plans after Furman’s web add/drop ends. Depending on the plan, payments arrive between 30-45 days.
For 529 Plans:
- Contact your plan as early as possible and follow any instructions provided by your savings plan. This often involves completing a withdrawal request through your plan.
- Please ensure that your withdrawal request is submitted early enough to allow ample time for processing and mailing before tuition due dates.
- If an invoice is requested, please provide a copy of the current student billing statement, which is found in the Finances application in Workday.
- Please have funds sent directly to the school, the following information will be needed: Student’s First and Last Name, Student’s Furman ID number
- 529 payment plans should not be used for Furman’s payment plans. 529 lump sum payments are recommended.
Furman assesses a comprehensive tuition fee for degree-seeking, undergraduate day students who are enrolled for up to 20 credits in the fall or spring semesters. Requested exemptions to the comprehensive fee policy should adhere to the catalog requirements.
Comprehensive Fee Policy and Refund Policy:
Furman University has partnered with GradGuard™ to offer tuition insurance from Allianz Global Assistance.
The tuition protection plan is like an extension of our refund policy. It can reimburse up to 100% of your nonrefundable school costs after a mid semester withdrawal for a covered illness, injury, psychological condition, and more—protecting your investment in higher education. Visit the GradGuard™ website for more details.
Insurance must be purchased prior to the first day of classes. Coverage extends through the end of that semester. Tuition insurance is completely optional. The agreement you enter into is with GradGuard, not with Furman University.
1098-T forms are provided to all students with qualified tuition and related expenses each January. The form reports amounts paid based on the transaction date. Accordingly, spring semester charges are reported in the previous calendar year if you register prior to January 1.
We can address questions about the amounts reported on your 1098-T, Specific questions regarding the eligibility of the Hope Scholarship, Lifetime Learning, or American Opportunity tax credit should be referred to your tax advisor.
1098-T forms will be mailed to the home address from the student’s Workday account.
Students may view and print duplicate copies of their 1098-T by logging into their Workday or NelNet account. In Workday under the Applications on the dashboard, you would select the Finances icon then under My Account, you will find View My 1098-T or Print My 1098-T. In NelNet, on the dashboard under 1098-T Documentation, you would select View 1098-T. Authorized Parties will also have access to your 1098-T.
- American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning Credits, Form 8863
Federal tax credits are available to eligible students. Consult current IRS publications to learn more.
- Tax Benefits for Education, Publication 970
Federal tax benefits may be available for those saving for or paying higher education costs. Find out more from the IRS.
- IRS website, irs.gov
The definitive site for all US tax information.
Furman does not provide a health insurance plan for its domestic students. International students are required to purchase a plan provided by EIIA. The Earle Student Health Center on campus operates like other physician offices/health practices. Students should bring their health insurance card with them when visiting the center. Students’ primary insurance provider will be billed. Please check with your family insurance provider to make sure that the student will be adequately covered while away at school. Your insurance provider may require an enrollment certification for your student.
Furman does provide all undergraduate day students with a Student Sickness Benefits Plan (at no additional cost) that will generally cover co-payments. Find out more about this coverage.