Welcome to Student Finance in Enrollment Services! Below, you will find valuable information pertaining to billing, payments, taxes, meal plans, and other relevant matters. If you are seeking information about financial aid, kindly visit the Financial Aid website. Should you have any inquiries or require assistance, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864 294 2030.
- Fall 2023 is Due by August 15, 2023
- Spring 2024 is Due by December 15, 2023
Fall and Spring Semesters are due by the due date unless you have a payment plan.
Fall billing will go out in early July.
Spring billing will go out in late November.
|South Housing Double occupancy||$4,094||$8,188|
|Residence hall designed single||$4,547||$9,094|
|North Village 2 bedroom apartment||$4,614||$9,228|
|North Village 4 bedroom apartment||$4,932||$9,864|
|Board:||Food Points Per Semester||Guests Meals Per Semester|
|190 Block Plan||350||15||$2,913||$5,826|
|160 Block Plan||400||15||$2,645||$5,290|
|110 Block Plan||450||10||$1,918||$3,836|
|75 Block Plan||450||5||$1,580||$3,160|
|Student Government Association||$205||$410|
|SUMMARY OF ANNUAL FEES|
|Resident Student||Commuting Student|
|Room (double occupancy)||$8,188||$0|
|Student Government Association||$410||$410|
|GRADUATE STUDIES: EDUCATION/EDS/MAT|
|Tuition per credit hour||$425/credit|
|GRADUATE STUDIES: MS CEM|
|Tuition per credit hour (per Summer, Fall, Spring term)||$425/credit|
|GRADUATE STUDIES: MA SDG|
|Tuition per credit hour (per Fall, Spring, Summer term)||$950/credit|
|GRADUATE STUDIES: MA Advocacy and Equity Studies (Fall 2023 start)|
|Tuition per credit hour (per Fall, Spring, Summer term)||$770/credit|
|GRADUATE STUDIES: MS Community Engaged Medicine|
|Tuition per semester (current cohort per Spring, Summer term, Fall 2023)||9,250|
|Tuition per semester (beginning in Summer 2023 for new cohorts)||$9,527.50|
Billing Important Information
Students will receive a notification from our partner Nelnet when a billing statement is available. Spring 2024 billing will go out in late November.
NelNet is Furman’s payment vendor and the provider of 3rd-party access to your student’s account.
By clicking “Make a Payment” from the email notification, students will be directed to Nelnet to create & verify their account information. You can also:
- Add Authorized Parties (Parents or others) to View your account, Make a Payment, and/or Set up a Payment plan.
- Students must add an Authorized Party in Nelnet for a parent to have account access.
- View your account balance, transaction details, and the semester’s statement.
- Easily set up and save a financial account to make payments.
Workday is the portal for students to access student account information, registration, grades, housing portal, and financial aid.
Students can also access their financial account via workday.furman.edu. Click on Finances to view transactions. Under “My Account” you can select:
- Make a Payment or Set up a Payment Plan to be directed to Nelnet.
- View account activity or a statement.
- Set up Payment Elections – set up your bank account for Student Refunds.
- View your Financial Aid awards and complete the required documents.
- Self-Service Portal to change your meal plan.
- Manage Paperless 1098-T to have online access to your 1098-T form.
Need more information? Check out https://blogs.furman.edu/workdayhelp/2021/04/21/finances/ under Student and Finances.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Payment Plans are offered per semester only for Fall and Spring.
Billing will go out for Fall 2023 in early July and Spring 2024 in late November.
Students must add an Authorized Party in Nelnet for a parent to have account access.
Fall and Spring Semester payments are due by the due date unless you have a payment plan.
Furman offers different payment plans to help spread out fall and spring semester tuition payments.
|Fall 2023 Payment Plan available after billing||$60 Fee for the fall payment plan|
|Payment Plan Types||Last Date to Register||Number of Payments||Months of Payments|
|5- month payment plan||July 13, 2023||5||July 15-November 15|
|4- month payment plan||August 11, 2023||4||August 15-November 15|
|3- month payment plan||September 13, 2023||3||September 15-November 15|
|Spring 2024 Payment Plan available after billing||$60 Fee for the spring payment plan|
|Payment Plan Types||Last day to Register||Number of Payments||Months of Payments|
|5- month payment plan||December 13, 2023||5||December -April|
|4- month payment plan||January 11, 2024||4||January -April|
|3- month payment plan||February 13, 2024||3||February -April|
- 529 Savings Plan
- Credit Card*
- State PrePaids
- Check mailed to Furman University
*NelNet Charges a Service Fee of 2.85%
Mailing Address: Furman University, Enrollment Services, 3300 Poinsett Highway, Greenville, SC 29613
The process for Prepaid and 529 Plans:
- Parents/Students contact their Prepaid Plan and notify them of their intent to use it for the academic year.
- Provide any necessary documentation to the plan. Plans may require students to complete a Transfer Authorization request before your plan benefits will be paid. You can assess the transfer authorization within your plan account.
- Furman will invoice the prepaid plans after Furman’s web add/drop ends. Depending on the plan, payments arrive between 30-45 days.
For 529 Plans:
- Contact your plan as early as possible and follow any instructions provided by your savings plan. This often involves completing a withdrawal request through your plan.
- Please ensure that your withdrawal request is submitted early enough to allow ample time for processing and mailing before tuition due dates.
- If an invoice is requested, please provide a copy of the current student billing statement, which is found in the Finances application in Workday.
- Please have funds sent directly to the school, the following information will be needed: Student’s First and Last Name, Student’s Furman ID number
- 529 payment plans should not be used for Furman’s payment plans. 529 lump sum payments are recommended.
Furman assesses a comprehensive tuition fee for degree-seeking, undergraduate day students who are enrolled for up to 20 credits in the fall or spring semesters. Requested exemptions to the comprehensive fee policy should adhere to the catalog requirements.
Comprehensive Fee Policy and Refund Policy:
Furman University has partnered with GradGuard™ to offer tuition insurance from Allianz Global Assistance.
The tuition protection plan is like an extension of our refund policy. It can reimburse up to 100% of your nonrefundable school costs after a mid semester withdrawal for a covered illness, injury, psychological condition, and more—protecting your investment in higher education. Visit the GradGuard™ website for more details.
Insurance must be purchased prior to the first day of classes. Coverage extends through the end of that semester. Tuition insurance is completely optional. The agreement you enter into is with GradGuard, not with Furman University.
1098-T forms are provided to all students with qualified tuition and related expenses each January. The form reports amounts paid based on the transaction date. Accordingly, spring semester charges are reported in the previous calendar year if you register prior to January 1.
We can address questions about the amounts reported on your 1098-T, Specific questions regarding the eligibility of the Hope Scholarship, Lifetime Learning, or American Opportunity tax credit should be referred to your tax advisor.
1098-T forms will be mailed to the home address from the student’s Workday account.
Students may view and print duplicate copies of their 1098-T by logging into their Workday or NelNet account. In Workday under the Applications on the dashboard, you would select the Finances icon then under My Account, you will find View My 1098-T or Print My 1098-T. In NelNet, on the dashboard under 1098-T Documentation, you would select View 1098-T. Authorized Parties will also have access to your 1098-T.
- American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning Credits, Form 8863
Federal tax credits are available to eligible students. Consult current IRS publications to learn more.
- Tax Benefits for Education, Publication 970
Federal tax benefits may be available for those saving for or paying higher education costs. Find out more from the IRS.
- IRS website, irs.gov
The definitive site for all US tax information.