We welcome all DINS, new and returning. We are here for you now and always!
- The Furman Counseling Center is pleased to serve all Furman students in support of their mental health & well-being anytime anywhere, especially in these times of global uncertainty. We offer an empowering, evidence-based stepped care model that includes services that range from least to most intensive.
- Visit our website anytime, anywhere to use TAOConnect, a set of online tools and services.
- Access virtual support from the comfort and privacy of your living space. Quick 15-minute check-ins to virtual, 30 minute counseling sessions, available during business hours.
- Reserve space at the Counseling Center for your telehealth appointments if you have privacy or technology challenges.
- Call ahead if you have an urgent need or want to bring someone along with you.
- Check the Furman Focused webpage for updated University guidelines about face coverings and other safety precautions.
- For the health and safety of our community, the Counseling Center will balance the use of telehealth and in person services based on a collaborative assessment and the stepped care model.
- We are excited to offer several groups this semester. Visit our group page to find out more information and sign up!
- The Counseling Center has partnered with Upstate Therapy Dogs to bring you Paws to Unwind. Join us 4/27 and 5/2 from 11 am – 1 pm in front of the library to meet and pet therapy dogs!
On Demand Mental Health and Crisis Support: Call 864-294-3031, #3.
All are welcome
The Furman University Counseling Center provides a safe, supportive space for students of all backgrounds, opinions and concerns, especially during times of uncertainty in our country and the world.
Mental health resources available anytime, anywhere
Here, you'll find a wealth of resources, from evidence-based online tools to chat support, podcasts to inspiring videos.
Our services and scope
We offer services ranging from guided self-help to groups to individual sessions to referrals.
Schedule an appointment
Call us, e-mail us, or walk in.
Your health is our priority, even when our office isn’t open.
Safety precautions during the pandemic
From social distancing to PPE to telehealth, we're protecting your safety during the pandemic.
Mental Health First!
A collaboration between the counseling center and athletics to help student athletes access and utilize mental health resources.
Campus mental health resources
Learn about the other campus resources we work with daily to support your mental health.
Community mental health resources
We've compiled a list of resources in the Greenville area and beyond that support mental health.
Confidentiality and information release forms
Your privacy is our priority.