Accessing Services during COVID-19
- The Furman Counseling Center is pleased to serve all Furman students in support of their mental health & well-being anytime anywhere, especially in these times of global uncertainty. We offer an empowering, evidence-based stepped care model that includes services that range from least to most intensive.
- Visit our website anytime, anywhere to use TAOConnect, a new set of online tools and services.
- Access virtual support from the comfort and privacy of your living space. Quick 15-minute check-ins to virtual, 30 minute counseling sessions, available during business hours.
- Reserve space at the Counseling Center for your telehealth appointments if you have privacy or technology challenges.
- Call ahead if you have an urgent need or want to bring someone along with you.
- Wear a face covering and follow signs for the duration of your time at the center.
- For the health and safety of our community, the Counseling Center will maximize the use of telehealth services. Limited in-person services will be provided based on a collaborative assessment and the stepped care model.
We welcome you and we are here for you now and always!
All are welcome
The Furman University Counseling Center provides a safe, supportive space for students of all backgrounds, opinions and concerns, especially during times of uncertainty in our country and the world.
Mental health resources available anytime, anywhere
Here, you'll find a wealth of resources, from evidence-based online tools to chat support, podcasts to inspiring videos.
Our services and scope
We offer services ranging from guided self-help to groups to individual sessions to referrals.
Schedule an appointment
Call us, e-mail us, or walk in.
Your health is our priority, even when our office isn’t open.
Safety precautions during the pandemic
From social distancing to PPE to telehealth, we're protecting your safety during the pandemic.
Campus mental health resources
Learn about the other campus resources we work with daily to support your mental health.
Community mental health resources
We've compiled a list of resources in the Greenville area and beyond that support mental health.
Confidentiality and information release forms
Your privacy is our priority.
Frequently Asked Questions
Watch this video answering questions asked frequently by students.