With a degree from Furman, you’ll be prepared to pursue an advanced degree or career at some of the nation’s top graduate schools, medical schools, and businesses.
Our students are among the nation’s leaders in publishing and presenting their findings on contemporary problems including:
- Preparing and characterizing novel nanomaterials
- Understanding the chemistry of living systems
- Developing new energy technologies
- Expanding the toolbox for chemical and medical diagnostics
- Synthesizing natural products and pharmaceuticals.
Meet Our Faculty & Staff
Our faculty and staff lead individual laboratories and work with students one-on-one on meaningful research projects.
Facilities & Resources
We are housed in the Charles H. Townes Science Center, which sports multimedia classrooms, research laboratories, computer labs, and study lounges.