Summer Research Fellowship Application
Are you interested in becoming a Summer Research Fellow and immersing yourself in a research or creative project? If so, do the following:
- Speak to a faculty member. Students apply for a Summer Research Fellowship in conjunction with a faculty mentor. Students only receive an application after that mentor has identified them.
- Contact the Office of Undergraduate Research. If you want to know which faculty members are taking on students in Summer 2020, or how to approach them regarding a summer project, we are here to help.
- Students seeking a research mentor in Summer 2020. We will advertise any faculty who are looking for students to serve as a Summer Fellow
- Faculty seeking a Research Fellow in Summer 2020. Complete this brief form and we will post your announcement.
Furman’s 2020 Summer Research Fellows Application
2020 Applications for a Summer Research Fellowship funded by Furman’s Office of Undergraduate Research are due in two phases: Faculty apply first by Friday, February 7, 2020; Student’s then receive their application via email and apply by Friday, February 21, 2020.
- Guidelines for Summer 2020 Application
- APPLICATION LINK FOR FACULTY (students receive their application via email)
Templates for drafting application responses
- Faculty app drafting questions—long form—w/out 3-year mentor approval
- IACH faculty app drafting questions—long form—w/out 3-year mentor approval
- Student app drafting questions
- IACH faculty app drafting questions—short form—w/3-year mentor approval
Another option for summer research funding is a Research Fellowship from the South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (SCICU).
If you are applying to work with a non-Furman faculty, at another university or institute, you are what we call a “Research Intern.” You will apply for funding through the Internship Office, and the application deadline is March 31, 2020. Please see our section “Off-Campus Research Opportunities” for more information.