Study Away Resources for Program Directors
FACULTY STUDY AWAY 2021-2022 PROGRAM PROPOSAL DEADLINES
- August 24, 2021: Study Away Proposals for MayX 2022 & Summer 2022 Due
- October 1, 2021: Study Away Proposals and Budget Proposals for 2021-2022 Semester Programs Due
- Step 1A: Talk to your department chair to get authorization for your course and time away.
- Step 1B: Talk to a staff member in the Rinker Center for Study Away and International Education.
- Step 2: Submit your program proposal by using the appropriate link below. You may renew a program that has been approved since 2016.
- Faculty Proposing Study Away Programs for MayX 2022 and Summer 2022: complete a study away program proposal by August 24 (first day of classes)
- Faculty Proposing Study Away Programs for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023: complete a study away program proposal by October 1
- Step 3: Submit all new courses through the course proposal system. New course proposals are due to the Curriculum Committee by approximately October 1.
- Step 4: Obtain approval from the department chair, Study Away Committee, and Curriculum Committee. The faculty will then vote on new programs.
- MayX Study Away Proposal
- Semester or Summer Study Away Proposal – coming soon!
Spend Authorization in Workday: Submit and get approval prior to using your Furman credit card to make a purchase.
W-9 (required for all domestic payments made by check)
W-8BEN (Individuals) & W-8BEN Instructions (required for all international payments made by invoice or wire transfer)
W-8BEN-E (Entities) & W-8BEN-E Instructions (required for all international payments made by invoice or wire transfer)
Wire Transfer Form (required for all wire transfers)
Expense Tracking Spreadsheet (for tracking your cash and TAP expenses)
Honorarium Form (for international programs only when paying non-US citizens for lectures)
Student Cash Disbursement Form
When recruiting students think about ways to advertise your program: post flyers and share with Study Away; post on social media; host information sessions; participate in the annual Study Away Fair.