Experience sustainable living by becoming a part of the Greenbelt Community. Each spring, we welcome applications from students across campus who are interested in leading our society toward a more sustainable future and becoming catalysts for positive change. Come learn and live in one of the most unique communities on a college campus.
All residents who live in the Greenbelt Community must complete the application as well as agree to commit to and abide by all of the Greenbelt Community Expectations. Do you have a question about how we select students for the Greenbelt Community? Review our selection process.
Applications for 2022-2023 are now closed. Applications for 2023-2024 will open in January 2023.
You can complete your Greenbelt Engaged Living application online. To submit your application login to your Housing Self-Service Portal using your Furman username and password.
Once you are logged in:
- In the navigation on the left select the “Application” drop-down menu
- Click on “Greenbelt Application”
- Read the disclaimer statement and electronically acknowledge at the bottom
- Click “Continue”
- Answer the application questions
- Attach the answers to the essay questions
- Click “Continue”
- You will receive a confirmation message to your Furman email account
Prepare your application
Ready to start working on your application? You can begin preparing your answers to these application questions.
- In what sustainability related activities, organizations and/or classes have you been involved with on and off campus?
- Why do you want to live in Engaged Living’s Greenbelt Community?
- What is one sustainability issue you see on campus, and what are your thoughts on how to address that issue?
- What do you expect to learn/do in the Engaged Living’s Greenbelt Community, and what would you hope to take away from your time there?
- In your opinion, how should residents be held accountable for failing to meet any of the expectations for living in the Greenbelt Community?
Register for an Information Session
Interested in learning more about the Greenbelt community? Attend the information session on TBA. You will have an opportunity to speak with the faculty and current students in the community.