Different On-Campus Jobs For Students

Last updated February 16, 2021

At Furman there is plenty of opportunity to gain experience and make some money with on-campus jobs. All the jobs on campus have flexible hours to accommodate students busy schedules such as classes and extra curricular activities. There is a variety of different jobs around campus that are unique and can be pretty fun too.

The first two jobs I will mention are working the Trone Student Center and Physical Activity Center front desk. These positions are great because you get to see plenty of new faces every day and get to help out around two of the busiest locations on campus. By helping people find rooms, provide information on events happening, or in the PAC’s case letting people know when the gym is closed for cleaning, you get to provide a useful service to guests and students in these buildings.

For classes that you love and excelled in, you can be a Teacher’s Assistant. This is a very meaningful job for one to have as you get to work closely with a professor and get to help out students in a class that you both love and excelled in. Not only is it a really great being able to help out other students, but in this position helping out the professor is a great experience too.

There are many other jobs on campus, but the last one I will talk about today is my own job. I am so lucky to be a Social Media Intern with the Admissions Office. This job is really amazing because I get to share all my favorite things, tips, locations, and things to do at Furman with everyone. This job is a lot of fun because I get to focus on all the things that make my Furman experience so amazing. My favorite thing about the job is being able to share my experiences with potential new students and hope that my experience and input on my time here will have an impact on where they decide to go to school!

By: Colin Klaff