My Favorite Places Outside of Downtown Greenville

By Colin Klaff

Being at Furman and located in Greenville, South Carolina, allows for many benefits and amazing things to see and experience downtown. Downtown Greenville is one of my favorite places to go when I have free time for all the restaurants, stores, and just to hangout, because it really is a beautiful place. However, while my favorite places in Greenville happen to be Furman and downtown, there are plenty of other amazing locations to visit as well!

Furman University is sandwiched between downtown Greenville and Travelers Rest. Travelers Rest, known as TR to the students here at Furman, is an amazing, quickly growing place with a main street packed with many amazing restaurants. A couple of Furman student go to spots include TR Oriental, a Chinese restaurant, Upcountry Provisions, a great southern food place, and Tandem Creperie and Coffeehouse, an amazing crepe and coffee place!

The areas around Greenville don’t just offer awesome places to eat, but also great sights to see. A little further from campus is Bald Rock Point. This is a really cool scenic overlook where you can have a picnic, take pictures, or just enjoy the amazing view.

Furman’s location offers many more benefits than just downtown Greenville. There are many other places that are just as amazing and worth seeing and experiencing.

Recent Posts

Allow the Unexpected

Coming into Furman, I never anticipated my life to involve being on stage. I always got a lot of anxiety from being in front of large groups of people. However, in my time at Furman...

Continue Reading >

The Greenbelt Community: Furman’s Beautiful Alternative Housing

Furman has taken leaps and bounds towards creating a more sustainable campus-our Shi Institute is a net positive building, after all. The most fun part about this is the Greenbelt Community Engaged Living program. Along...

Continue Reading >

A Glimpse into Summer Orientation

With a few sessions of Summer Orientation completed, today, I want to give you guys a glimpse into what a day of “Summer O” is like for our incoming freshmen! The day starts with O-Staff...

Continue Reading >