Whether you’re a college-bound high school student or already attending a college or university, Army ROTC has scholarships available for you. Scholarships are awarded based on a student’s merit and grades, not financial need.
Army ROTC scholarships consist of:
- Two-, three-, and four-year scholarship options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
- Full-tuition scholarships
- The option for room and board in place of tuition, if you qualify
- Additional allowances for books and fees
U.S. ARMY RESERVE/NATIONAL GUARD MINUTEMAN SCHOLARSHIP
The Minuteman Scholarship allows high school and college students interested in joining the Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) to receive full tuition or $10,000 in room and board in return for a service commitment.
This scholarship covers full (uncapped) tuition and fees or $10,000 for room and board in return for a service commitment. Scholarship recipients may also be eligible for a yearly book allowance of up to $1,200 and a monthly $420 living stipend. As part of the Simultaneous Membership Program, Minuteman Scholarship recipients will earn a salary from their Army Reserve unit.
What kind of benefits will I receive?
Up to full tuition OR $10,000 in room and board. (This scholarship may be used in conjunction with your existing scholarships.)
- $1,200 yearly book allowance
- $420 monthly stipend
- Guaranteed placement in the Army Reserve/National Guard after graduation and commissioning
What are the basic requirements?
- You must be a high school or college student
- You must agree to a service commitment
- You must meet Army ROTC scholarship eligibility requirements
3- and 4-year Line Scholarship
This scholarship is for high school seniors (or individuals that will receive their GED) that are planning to enter college as a freshman, the fall following their senior year in high school.
The scholarship pays:
- Full tuition plus mandatory fees
- $1200 per year book allowance
- $420 stipend per month
Applications are available online.
On Campus Line Scholarships
Available for current freshmen (2-year or 3-year scholarships), sophomores and juniors with at least 4-semesters remaining to graduate (2-year scholarship), and seniors planning to attend graduate school (2-year scholarship).
- Full tuition and mandatory fees
- $1200 per academic year book allowance
- $420 stipend based on class
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be at least 17 years of age and must not reach 31 years of age before December 31st of the year you graduate from college and receive your commission.
- Have a minimum college GPA of 2.5
- Have no moral or personal conviction that will prevent you from bearing arms or supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States
- Receive a waiver for any arrest or civil conviction (if applicable)
- Although medical qualification is not required to be eligible to receive a scholarship offer, medical qualification is required in order to receive the scholarship benefits.
- To receive the scholarship benefits you must also agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army National Guard, or U.S. Army Reserve) upon graduation and receipt of your commission.