McAlister Auditorium holds a number of events including lectures, concerts, theatrical performances and political debates. A large hydraulic orchestra pit, excellent sound shell and well-designed acoustics allow for a variety of productions, from guest speakers to symphonic oratorios. McAlister offers updated technology and experienced technical staff.
McAlister Auditorium is intended primarily as an educational and cultural resource for Furman University and the Greenville community. Priority for its use will be assigned to programs sponsored by McAlister Auditorium, university departments and resident organizations.
Listed below are the rates for McAlister Auditorium including building rental and labor costs.
McAlister Auditorium Rental Rates
The facility rental rate includes use of the auditorium and stage, general house lighting, audience chambers and dressing rooms. Rates include eight hours in the facility. Additional time and/or performances will be subject to additional fees. Multiple performances must be scheduled with a minimum of one hour between the end and beginning of each performance.
|Auditorium rate||$1,000 per day|
|Performance & rehearsal hours||By special arrangement|
Personnel Labor Fees
Labor rates are for a minimum of four hours per day and a maximum of eight hours per day. Hours worked in excess of eight hours per day or 40 hours per week, as well as before 8am and after midnight, will be subject to overtime paid at the rate of one and a half the normal rate. All holiday periods are subject to overtime.
|Technical Director||$19.50 per hour|
|Light Board Operator||$19 per hour|
|Sound Board Operator||$19 per hour|
|Flymen||$18 per hour|
|Followspots||$18 per hour|
|Stage Hands||$18 per hour|
|House management||$17.50 per hour|
Miscellaneous Fees and Services
|Custodial||$450 per day|
|Parking||Determined per event|
|Setup/tear-down/misc.||$250 per day|
Equipment Usage and Rental
House staff operates all equipment. Equipment owned by McAlister is included in the rental fee. Any equipment not owned by the facility can be rented for an additional charge.
- The organ is available via special arrangement only.
- Telephone set-up must be prearranged.
- A list of nearby laundry facilities can be provided.
For full rental policies, please contact us for a rental agreement.
- Reservations are made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- In order to secure your reservation, we require a $1,000 nonrefundable deposit and an agreement for use contract signed by a representative of McAlister Auditorium and the client.
- Mandatory fees include McAlister Auditorium rental, assessed set-up and clean-up time, parking and technical director.
- All fees must be paid and an insurance certificate must be on file with McAlister Auditorium no later than 30 days prior to the event.
- Cancellations must be made at least three weeks before the event to avoid loss of fees paid.
- Catering may be provided by Aramark. No outside vending is permitted.
Schedule for Rental Reservations and Payment
|Deadline||Rental reservations and payment|
|Within two weeks of the acceptance of your request||
Nonrefundable deposit due
Signed Agreement for Use contract due
|At least four weeks prior to event||
Full payment of rentals and staffing fees due
Certificate of Insurance form due
|Within three weeks||Cancellation results in 100% loss of rental fee|
|Within two weeks||Cancellation results in 100% loss of rental fee and 50% staffing fees|
|Within one week||Cancellation results in loss of all fees|