September 10, 2021
Faculty and Staff Furman Focused Update
Dear Faculty and Staff,
Thank you to the nearly 300 faculty and staff who attended the virtual town hall on Wednesday. If you were unable to attend, the recording may be found here. The access code is in today’s Furman Focused Update email.
We are holding steady as there were 16 positive student cases reported by the Earle Student Health Center (ESHC) this past week, and no positive employee casesreported to Human Resources.
The Furman Focused Dashboard was updated yesterday and will be updated each Monday and Thursday.
Our community has already used over 25,000 disposable masks. While disposable masks will continue to be available, individuals are encouraged to keep a cloth mask on them at all times.
Quarantine and isolation protocol for faculty and staff
The quarantine and isolation protocol for faculty and staff is accessible as a flowchart. Faculty and staff who are symptomatic or have obtained a positive test should not report to work and are REQUIRED to submit the LiveSafe Health Survey or notify Human Resources.
Access to COVID-19 testing and reimbursements
Furman has negotiated a discounted rate for PCR testing with a 24-hour result. Faculty, staff and students can go to Diversified Labs on Pelham Road (15 Commerce Center Drive, Greenville, SC, 29615), show their Furman ID, and pay $55 for a PCR test. The site is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., 7 days a week. Individuals don’t need to be symptomatic to get tested.
Faculty and staff can be reimbursed for a COVID test at Diversified Lab’s testing site under the following conditions:
- Regardless of vaccination status, the employee is symptomatic and notifies Human Resources prior to being tested, either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or submitting the LiveSafe Health Survey.
- If Human Resources notifies a vaccinated employee that they have been traced by Furman as a close contact, the employee can be tested on day 3-5 and submit for reimbursement.
- Furman will not reimburse for testing of unvaccinated employees identified as close contacts.
- Furman will not reimburse for rapid antigen tests or tests at other locations.
- Furman will not reimburse for testing of employees (regardless of vaccination status) who are exposed outside of the workplace.
Contact Human Resources with any questions.
Upcoming athletics events
- Friday, Sept. 10, 7 p.m. – Women’s Soccer vs. Georgia State. Free admission with Furman ID.
- Saturday, Sept. 11, 7 p.m. – Men’s Soccer vs. USC Upstate. Free admission with Furman ID. Candlelight ceremony at halftime in remembrance of 9/11.
- Saturday, Sept. 25 – Departments can reserve a tailgate spot for the next home Furman Football game! Click here.
We are closely monitoring the number of positive cases in our campus community to determine the appropriateness of any adjustments or contingencies. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Have a great weekend!
The COVID Response Committee