How I’ve Been Using The Furman Trolley

Last updated October 27, 2022

By Puspanjaliguru Gurung

Hey guys, 

It’s Puspanjali, and I’m back at it again with another blog! Today, I want to talk about how I get to class everyday.

I use the Furman Trolley every single day in the morning like clockwork. Our bus driver, Ellis, picks me up right outside of my North Village apartment.

The trolley has a fixed schedule and route that it takes at specific times of the day. The shuttle runs from Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM – 11:30 AM and 1PM – 4 PM. The shuttle also runs during the evenings 7 days a week, from 7 PM to 1 PM. In addition to that, every Tuesday from 6 PM – 9 PM, the shuttle takes students to Walmart to go shopping. There is an app called LiveSafe, which tracks the location of the trolley in real-time, so I know the exact time the trolley will get to my stop. 

I interviewed our trolley driver, Ellis, and here is what he has to say…

1. How many students ride the trolley on a daily basis?
    • “About 40-50 Furman students use the trolley every day.”
  2. What are some reasons why students choose to use the trolley?
    • “It’s convenient for getting them to class on time and in bad weather.”
  3. What is your favorite thing about driving the trolley?
    • “My favorite thing about driving the trolley is meeting nice students on campus and getting to know them. I wish more students would ride!”

Furman recognizes that not all of its students have a car on campus and that it may be difficult for some to get around, go to the opposite side of campus, or to buy things off campus. To meet each student’s needs, the Furman trolley was introduced. So far, it has helped me and a lot of other students have an easier time being on campus, and maybe someday you’ll ride with us too!

With love, 

Puspanjali Gurung