Senior Spotlight: Claudia Roe

Last updated October 12, 2022

By

I’m Back!

My name is Claudia Roe, and I am a senior and Business Administration major from Anderson, South Carolina. I am so excited to be returning for my second year as a social media intern for the Furman Admissions Office!

Last semester, I spent five months abroad in Vienna, Austria. Through an affiliate program, I was able to take courses in international business, marketing, and economics while also broadening my cultural awareness and strengthening my German speaking skills. I made many friendships through the program from all across the world, but I am excited to be back on campus this semester to kick-off my senior year at Furman!

This semester, I will be back giving tours in the Admissions Office as an Admissions Ambassador. I am also currently serving as Merchandise Specialist of my sorority, Alpha Delta Pi. You may also see me down in the basement of the library working at the IT Service Center help desk where I have worked since my freshman year.

As a senior, I have also taken on two new roles in on-campus organizations this year. I am currently serving as Vice President of Marketing for the Investment Club as well as Co-Chairman of Relay for Life. I am super excited to see what these positions have in-store for me this year as I am able to gain professional experiences while making memories with some amazing friends!

Furman has allowed me to get involved, make lifetime friendships, and grow as a person. I cannot wait to share more about me and my experiences during the school year with y’all!

-Claudia Roe