Get (Furman) Engaged!

By Colin Klaff

Every year at Furman there is a day called Furman Engaged. This is a day where we have no classes and we have the amazing opportunity to watch and learn from the incredible student body about projects they have worked on. These projects include semester long research projects, science projects from class, or even summer internship or summer research opportunities that students have been working on. This day is such a great opportunity to support your classmates’ hard work and hopefully to learn something new.

Normally Furman Engaged is an in person event where students all over campus have their presentations and set-ups where anyone can walk up and learn about their research. This year it is all on Zoom which makes it so easy and convenient to go support your friends presentations and to learn awesome things. My favorite part of Furman Engaged is being able to support my friends who have worked so hard all year to get their presentations and research ready for this day.

Another great part about Furman Engaged it that we get the day off from classes so after you have had been there to support your friends and check out other presentations and projects, the day is all yours to hangout, celebrate your classmates hard work and to just hangout. Luckily on this particular Furman Engaged it’s a beautiful day outside that we can spend in the warm sun and continue to think about all the cool projects that were presented that day.

Recent Posts

Allow the Unexpected

Coming into Furman, I never anticipated my life to involve being on stage. I always got a lot of anxiety from being in front of large groups of people. However, in my time at Furman...

Continue Reading >

The Greenbelt Community: Furman’s Beautiful Alternative Housing

Furman has taken leaps and bounds towards creating a more sustainable campus-our Shi Institute is a net positive building, after all. The most fun part about this is the Greenbelt Community Engaged Living program. Along...

Continue Reading >

A Glimpse into Summer Orientation

With a few sessions of Summer Orientation completed, today, I want to give you guys a glimpse into what a day of “Summer O” is like for our incoming freshmen! The day starts with O-Staff...

Continue Reading >