Let’s Talk about Trends

As most of you know by now, I have a strong passion for all things fashion! So, one thing that I always find super interesting is what the trends are on college campuses. Each campus comes with its own styles and this fall I have definitely noticed a few VERY popular trends spreading across campus. 

The first one comes in plenty of colors and can’t be missed when looking at the windows of any housing facility on campus…. LED LIGHTS! These lights became popular thanks to quarantine and TikTok, and have taken the campus by storm as the newest dorm decor. On any given night, it isn’t uncommon to walk past Clark Murphy and see each window lit up in a different color LED light.

The next trend is one that is a blast from the past! Hair claw clips were a classic look for my mom all throughout my childhood and now everyone is wearing them again! So, you best believe I ‘accidentally’ took some of my mom’s back to campus with me this semester! Along with hair claws, the 90s style as a whole seems to be a pretty popular look for the students here on campus! 

This next trend is also a product of quarantine…. Tye-dye sweat-sets !! Loungewear as a whole has become a popular outfit choice for students, but everyone also seems to be showing off their tye-dyeing skills they acquired from this past spring. 

Now, this last trend is BY FAR the most popular… face masks!! I mean, seriously, EVERYONE is wearing them these days;)

Personally, I’ve taken part in the LED Lights, hair claw, and face mask trend, but haven’t had the chance to make a tye-dye set! So, if anyone wants to do some Tye-dyeing… I’m your girl

– Rosemary Cruse 

Recent Posts

Allow the Unexpected

Coming into Furman, I never anticipated my life to involve being on stage. I always got a lot of anxiety from being in front of large groups of people. However, in my time at Furman...

Continue Reading >

The Greenbelt Community: Furman’s Beautiful Alternative Housing

Furman has taken leaps and bounds towards creating a more sustainable campus-our Shi Institute is a net positive building, after all. The most fun part about this is the Greenbelt Community Engaged Living program. Along...

Continue Reading >

A Glimpse into Summer Orientation

With a few sessions of Summer Orientation completed, today, I want to give you guys a glimpse into what a day of “Summer O” is like for our incoming freshmen! The day starts with O-Staff...

Continue Reading >