TR Spotlight: Sidewall Pastry Kitchen

Travelers Rest is the coolest town located right next to Furman’s campus, no more than a 7 minute drive! It is also accessible via the Swamp Rabbit Trail- my friends and I love to ride our bikes to TR for lunch at Swamp Rabbit Cafe, Farmhouse Tacos, Sidewall Pizza, and more! BUT TODAY,  I wanted to take this opportunity to shine light on an amazing new spot in Travelers Rest, Sidewall Pastry Kitchen! 

This new spot is located right on Main Street and opened up just 6 weeks ago! Currently it is only open on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday) from 8-3pm, but I don’t doubt they will be open more frequently throughout the week in the years to come. The lines were out the door the first few weekends it was open and I guarantee that is due to their amazing decor and delicious treats! 

They have everything from their signature brioche donuts and biscuit cinnamon rolls to croissants, cookies, macarons, and more. One of the best things about their menu is that it changes slightly every weekend, especially the donut flavors. This past weekend they had donut flavors ranging from the classic glazed with sprinkles to raspberry cheesecake, Boston cream, and banana pudding. The limited edition flavors are always so popular and run out first since they are so fun and unique. With each weekend menu there are gluten free and vegan options available! 

Now, I will come out and say I am biased because I just started working there a week ago (LOL!). One of the reasons I wanted to highlight this TR spot is because I can share what it is like having an off campus job while at Furman. I have always loved baking and have always been curious about owning a small business of my own one day. When I saw their advertisements on Instagram, I decided to just go for it. Something great about a lot of small businesses in both Traveler’s Rest and Greenville is that they love employing Furman students. This creates a wonderful connection between Furman and the greater community and the amazing cities around us! I love being able to get off campus on the weekends and meet so many people who I work with and who I serve from behind the counter! 

If you have any questions about fun TR spots or what it is like to have a job off campus, don’t hesitate to reach out! 

Instagram: @libbyymulligann //  Email: libby.mulligan@furman.edu 

Recent Posts

Allow the Unexpected

Coming into Furman, I never anticipated my life to involve being on stage. I always got a lot of anxiety from being in front of large groups of people. However, in my time at Furman...

Continue Reading >

The Greenbelt Community: Furman’s Beautiful Alternative Housing

Furman has taken leaps and bounds towards creating a more sustainable campus-our Shi Institute is a net positive building, after all. The most fun part about this is the Greenbelt Community Engaged Living program. Along...

Continue Reading >

A Glimpse into Summer Orientation

With a few sessions of Summer Orientation completed, today, I want to give you guys a glimpse into what a day of “Summer O” is like for our incoming freshmen! The day starts with O-Staff...

Continue Reading >