Weddings at Furman
Are you looking for a magical place to hold your wedding – a location where every detail fits together, from the feeling you get entering the campus gates to the stately entrance into the chapel, to an inviting and elegant reception venue? With a park-like setting that offers unmatched photo ops, Furman University offers all these things and more…only minutes from downtown, but clearly a world apart!
Header image courtesy of Valerie and Co. Photography.
Ceremony & Reception Venues
Charles E. Daniel Memorial Chapel
Beautifully situated on Furman’s campus, the Charles E. Daniel Memorial Chapel is ideal for wedding ceremonies. Due to the amazing acoustics and outstanding Fisk Organ, any occasion can become an utterly lyrical experience.
The Chapel has 27,000 square feet of space that includes an upper sanctuary that can accommodate 352 people and a lower level with a bride’s room, the sunlit Garden Room, and two conference rooms perfect for intimate gatherings and wedding prep. Large windows and high ceilings offer the “wow” factor you’re looking for!
Image courtesy of Christina Rene photography.
Music at the Chapel
Read more information on wedding music policies and procedures at the Chapel.
Younts Conference Center
With its Georgian-style architecture, outdoor patios, and masterful landscaping, the Younts Conference Center is Greenville’s premiere location for wedding ceremonies and receptions. We offer the following at an all-inclusive price for your event:
- Space suitable for a seated dinner for up to 300 guests
- Two scenic outdoor spaces
- Ample parking with front door portico
- 18’ x 21’ dance floor
- Banquet tables, chairs & basic linens
- Infrastructure to support DJs or a live band
- Ability to host a cocktail hour or pre-reception in a separate area
- Additional space for a guest book, gifts, portraits, photo booths, etc.
- Bride’s room
- Large, luxurious bathroom facilities to make your guests feel comfortable
- Built-in audio & visual capabilities for a slideshow presentation, monogram display, microphone use, etc. in banquet hall & lobby area
- Labor for basic clean-up & room set-up
- An event coordinator available during your entire event to help everything run smoothly!
Courtesy of Red Apple Tree Photography
Situated at the highest point of Furman’s campus, Cherrydale offers gorgeous views of the surrounding mountains. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Cherrydale Alumni House provides a secluded and elegant atmosphere; the recently renovated back patio is ideal for small wedding receptions while the front lawn is perfect for ceremonies. The inside of the house features elegant antique furnishings.
Furman Catering is the exclusive food and beverage provider for all on-campus wedding receptions. They specialize in building custom menus for every wedding to offer exactly what you’re looking for! Find out more information here.
Standing Only Venues
Janie E. Furman Rose Garden
The Janie Earle Furman Rose Garden lends spectacular beauty to intimate, standing-only weddings for 60-70 guests. The garden features 800 rose bushes, a 19th-century gazebo, and a charming fountain.
The Bell Tower, a well-known symbol for the university, is a standing-room-only wedding venue ideal for up to 60 guests. Surrounded by the campus lake and the mountains of the upstate, it is sure to make a lasting impression on your ceremony.