Weddings at Furman
Are you looking for a magical place to hold your wedding – a location where every detail fits together, from the feeling you get entering the campus gates to the stately entrance into the chapel, to an inviting and elegant reception venue? With a park-like setting that offers unmatched photo ops, Furman University offers all these things and more…only minutes from downtown, but clearly a world apart!
Ceremony & Reception Venues
Charles E. Daniel Memorial Chapel
Beautifully situated on Furman’s campus, the Charles E. Daniel Memorial Chapel is ideal for events such as weddings, concerts, and lectures. Due to the amazing acoustics and an outstanding Fisk Organ, any occasion can become an utterly lyrical experience.
The Chapel has 27,000 square feet of space that includes an upper sanctuary that can accommodate 352 people and a lower level with a bride’s room, the sunlit Garden Room, and two conference rooms perfect for intimate gatherings. Large windows and high ceilings offer a classic appearance The Chapel has 27,000 square feet of space that includes an upper sanctuary that can accommodate 352 people and a lower level with a bride’s room, the sunlit Garden Room, and two conference rooms perfect for intimate gatherings. Large windows and high ceilings offer that “wow” factor you’re looking for!
Music at the Chapel
Younts Conference Center
With its Georgian-style architecture, outdoor patios, and masterful landscaping, the Younts Conference Center is Greenville’s premiere location for wedding ceremonies and receptions. We offer the following at an all-inclusive price for your event:
- Space suitable for a seated dinner for up to 300 guests
- Two scenic outdoor spaces
- Ample parking with front door portico
- 18’ x 21’ dance floor
- Banquet tables, chairs & basic linens
- Infrastructure to support DJs or a live band
- Ability to host a cocktail hour or pre-reception in a separate area
- Additional space for a guest book, gifts, portraits, photo booths, etc.
- Bride’s room
- Large, luxurious bathroom facilities to make your guests feel comfortable
- Built-in audio & visual capabilities for a slideshow presentation, monogram display, microphone use, etc. in banquet hall & lobby area
- Labor for basic clean-up & room set-up
- An event coordinator available during your entire event to help everything run smoothly!
Furman Catering is the exclusive food and beverage provider of Younts Conference Center. They specialize in building custom menus for every wedding to offer exactly what you’re looking for!
Standing Only Venues
Janie E. Furman Rose Garden
The Janie Earle Furman Rose Garden lends spectacular beauty to intimate, standing-only weddings for 60-70 guests. The garden features 800 rose bushes, a 19th-century gazebo, and a charming fountain.
The Bell Tower, a well-known symbol for the university, is a standing-room-only wedding venue ideal for up to 60 guests. Surrounded by the campus lake and the mountains of the upstate, it is sure to make a lasting impression on your ceremony.