2022 Lowcountry Diversity Leadership Awards
May 12, 2022 | Harbour Club at WestEdge, Charleston
11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Presented by SC Biz News in partnership with the Riley Institute, the first annual Lowcountry Diversity Leadership Awards honored both individuals and organizations that make diversity, equity and inclusion a strategic priority in policy and practice in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester counties.
A celebratory luncheon was held at the Harbour Club at WestEdge where attendees got to meet 2022 honorees and network with business professionals from across the Lowcountry. The 2022 honorees were:
- Dr. Shawn Spann Edwards, chief inclusive excellence officer, The Citadel (Individual)
- Dr. Willette Burnham-Williams, chief equity officer, MUSC (Lifetime Achievement)
- Rev. Sh’Kur Francis, senior pastor, United Methodist Church (Young Professional/Rising Star)
- Sean Holleran, vice president of retail and small business banking, First National Bank (Young Professional/Rising Star)
- Jenny Phillips, financial adviser, Northwestern Mutual (Young Professional/Rising Star)
- Zoe Watkins, human resources representative, S.C. Federal Credit Union (Young Professional/Rising Star)
- YWCA Greater Charleston (Ally for the Future Workforce)
- TD Bank (Medium/Large Business)
- Charleston Area Justice Ministry (Nonprofit/Big Heart)
- Home Loans Inc. (Small Business/Keystone)
- Tri-County Cradle to Career Collaborative (Team/Collaboration – Noteworthy Network)