Associate Professor of Economics, Undergraduate Evening Studies Faculty
Jason Jones (Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) joined the Furman economics faculty in 2008. His current research interests include issues related to the growth effects of trade agreements, IMF crisis response, fiscal policy effectiveness, international economic integration, and debt issue in the United States. Dr. Jones is also working on an economic impact study of Furman University. Two of his projects have been co-authored with students. His teaching interests include macroeconomics, international macroeconomics, monetary policy, forecasting, statistics, and introductory economics.
Dr. Jones interest in Economics grew out of an experience living in Hungary for two years not long after the fall of communism. After returning, he took his first economics class and realized its application to the questions he had developed while abroad. Outside of Furman, Dr. Jones is busy with his five children and enjoys getting out into the mountains to hike, kayak, or play as much as possible.
- Co-chair of EUSA economics interest section (2011-present)
- Red Hughes Chair (2008-2011)
- Ph.D.,University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- B.S., Utah State University
- Cook, N. & J. Jones (2015). "The African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) and export diversification." The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development. 24(7): 947-967.
- Atems, B. & J. Jones (2015). “Income inequality and economic growth: A panel VAR approach.” Empirical Economics. 48:1541-1561.
- Jones, Jason (2013) "Cross-Border Banking in the Expanded European Union" Eastern European Economics. 51(6), 55–75.
- Jones, Jason (2012). “Discretionary fiscal policy in the European Monetary Union.” Modern Economy. Vol. 3, No. 6, pp. 742-751.
- Jones, Jason, Nora Collins, and Lauren Sribnick (2012). “External influences on business cycle synchronization in the euro area.” International Advances in Economic Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 28-40.
- “The Debt Ceiling ‘Crisis’” Greenville Business Magazine. May 2017
- Jones, Jason (2013). “Introduction: Exit from the Euro Crisis” in New Zealand and the EU: Exiting the Euro Area Crisis for the Europe-New Zealand Research Series. December.
- “Let’s avoid ‘Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come’” Greenville News. November 22, 2012.