Associate Professor, Education; Coord., TESOL Program; Literacy Education
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 864.294.3537
- Office: 101S
swipe to see more
Dr. Bobbi Siefert is an associate professor and coordinator of teaching English to speakers of other languages programs. Dr. Siefert has taught at elementary and secondary levels as well as serving as a district curriculum specialist in public education.
- 1989-1990 Recipient, Teacher Incentive Reward
- 1997-1998 Recipient, Teacher of the Year Award
- 1999-2000 Recipient, First Union Outstanding Educator
- 2001-2002 Recipient, Teacher of the Year Award
- 2002 - Recipient, National Board Teacher Certification 2010- Renewal, National Board Teacher Certification
- Nationally Board Certified Teacher
- Ph.D., UNCC
- M.Ed., Converse College
- B.A., Clemson University
- Salas, S., Smith, B., Siefert, B., & Francis, A. (2019). How an unaccompanied minor became Teacher of the Year: The unrealized potential of the community college. In M. M. D’ Amico & C. Lewis (Eds.). Community College Teacher Preparation for Diverse Geographies: Implications for Access and Equity for Preparing a Diverse Teacher Workforce. Charlotte, NC:IAP Press.
- Siefert, B., Kelly, K., Yearta, L. & Oliveira, T. *** (2019). Teacher perceptions and use of technology across content areas with linguistically diverse middle school students. Journal of Digital Learning in Teacher Education. Retrieved from https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/21532974.2019.1568327?scroll=top&needAccess=true
- Salas, S., Murray, B., Mraz, M., Guatam, B., & Siefert, B. (2019). To build a fire: Creative frames, adolescent readers, and new words. English Teaching Forum. 57(5), 14-23.
- Siefert, B., Salas, S., & D’Amico, M.M. (2018). Problematizing deficit representations of in-service teachers. TESOL Journal, 9(2), 397-400.
- Siefert, B., Stover Kelly, K., & Payne, M. (2017). Critical literacy: A culturally relevant framework for meeting the needs of English Learners. South Carolina Association for Middle Level Education Journal
- Siefert, B., Salas, S., & Doilett, T (Accepted proposal). Recruiting and retaining Black ESOL teachers. Presentation for the Teaching English Speakers of Other Languages International Annual Convention and English Language Expo Denver, Co. #
- Siefert, B., Kelly, K., & Oliveira, T. *** (2019, March). Fostering digital environments to
engage EL in generative learning. Presentation for the Teaching English Speakers of Other Languages International Annual Convention and English Language Expo Atlanta, GA. # ***Note: Student participant.; Oliveira, T. ***, Siefert, B., & Kelly, K. (2018, November). Using technology to raise the voice of English Learners. Presentation for the National Council for Teachers of English Annual Conference, Houston, TX. #