Business & Accounting Department Coordinator, Top Mock Head Coach
Anna J. Notation-Rhoades currently serves as the Head Coach for Top Mock, and has coached on the Top Mock coaching staff since 2019. Ms. Notation-Rhoades is also one of the coaches for Furman University's Mock Trial team. She earned her J.D. from IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law and her B.A. cum laude from Barnard College. Currently licensed to practice law in Illinois (active) and Minnesota (inactive), she is also a trained family law mediator in South Carolina. She served as a staff attorney for the Eighteenth Judicial Circuit Court of Illinois, a Guardian ad Litem in juvenile court, and practiced criminal defense law in Illinois. She has also taught criminal justice at Aurora University. Ms. Notation-Rhoades taught POL 412 Trial Advocacy during Furman University's May X 2022. Ms. Notation-Rhoades has been employed at Furman University since 2016 in the Academic Affairs division and works in the Business and Accounting Department as Department Coordinator and Advisor.
- J.D., IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law
- B.A., Barnard College
- Selected Case Law Interpreting the Illinois Domestic Violence Act. DuPage County Bar Association Brief, November 1994
- People v. Towns: The Second District's Position on Civil Forfeiture and Double Jeopardy. DuPage County Bar Association Brief, December 1995
- Neither Admit Nor Deny: Your Client Can Punt in Juvenile Court. Kane County Bar Association Brief, April 1996 and DuPage County Bar Association Brief, June 1996.
Honors and Awards
- DuPage County Bar Association Brief Outstanding Author Award, 1995
- National Association of Women Lawyers Outstanding Law Student Award, 1993
- Student Bar Association Certificate of Outstanding Contribution, 1993
- Distinction on Senior Essay, Barnard College, 1990.
Additional Professional Activity
- Seminar speaker on criminal and juvenile matters in Northern Illinois
- Volunteer family law mediator, Upstate Mediation Center, Greenville, SC, 2014-2016