Furman Spring Athletic Festival set for Saturday
It may not be a replacement for the excitement of a fall football game, but if you’ve been missing Furman sports on Saturdays the Spring Athletic Festival could be the fix you need.
Sponsored by the Furman Athletic Association, athletics department and Paladin Club, the event will give fans the opportunity to see five Paladin teams in action this Saturday, April 5. The long-drive contest tees things off at 10 a.m., and the action runs all the way to the 7 p.m. Purple and White spring football scrimmage at Paladin Stadium—if you have the energy.
In between, there’s a men’s lacrosse match against Richmond at Paladin Stadium, a softball doubleheader against UNC-Greensboro at Pepsi Stadium, a men’s tennis match at the Mickel Tennis Center versus Elon, and a baseball game against Davison at Latham Stadium.
Start times are staggered, so it’s possible to watch most if not all of every competition. It’s also possible to just have fun.
There’s a barbeque tailgate dinner, yard games and multiple activities for kids—including a bounce house, 18-foot slide, prizes and giveaways and a putting contest at the REK practice facility.
Registration will be on the Bob King football practice field at a cost of $12 for a full-day pass (children under 10 admitted free) to everything, including dinner. Click here to register or get more information at email@example.com or 1-800-PURPLE3 (787-7533).
Spring Athletic Festival (April 5, 2014)
- 10 a.m. – noon – Furman golf long-drive and kids putting contest (REK Center)
- 11 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. – Registration (football practice field)
- Noon — Men’s lacrosse vs. Richmond (Paladin Stadium) (Kids receive free T-shirt while supplies last)
- 1 4 p.m. — Bounce House and 18-foot inflatable slide (football practice field)
- 1/3 p.m. — Softball vs. UNCG (Pepsi Stadium) (Cotton candy)
- 1 p.m. — Men’s tennis vs. Elon (Mickel Tennis Center) (Face stickers)
- 4 p.m. — Baseball vs. Davidson (Latham Stadium) (Purple hair spray with Furman student-athletes)
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Balloons and photo ops with cheerleaders, Sir Paladin and SoCon trophies
- 5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m. — BBQ tailgate dinner (football practice field)
- 7 p.m. — Purple and White Spring Football Scrimmage (Paladin Stadium) (Furman cheerleaders and balloons)