The Furman Young Benefactors program embodies Furman’s strategic priority on young alumni and celebrates qualifying donors with special invitations to exclusive events and young alumni leadership opportunities.
YB Bi-Annual Assembly
The Bi-Annual Assembly is an exclusive opportunity for YBs. Our Fall virtual meeting featured remarks on the future of Furman from President Elizabeth Davis, a campaign launch weekend preview, and vision and mission updates from The Hill Institute.
Why join Young Benefactors?
Young Benefactors represent the strength of Furman’s young alumni base, and Young Benefactor donations help support current students to experience The Furman Advantage to its fullest. As a thank you for being a Young Benefactor, we offer the following program and engagement perks:
- Pre-Bell Tower Ball Young Alumni mixer invite
- Bell Tower Ball Invitation
- Bi-Annual Assembly virtual meetings with university leadership
- Complimentary food + drinks at Homecoming Alumni Tailgate
- Private Facebook group for early access communications and invites
- Complimentary Furman sporting event tickets when available
- Away game bus transportation fees waved to select Furman athletic events
- Complimentary food + drinks at select Furman events
- Campaign Launch Weekend Friday night dinner + mixer invitation
- Special giveaways and swag prizes given throughout the year
- Concierge service point of contact with Furman University via YB Program Manager
Young Benefactor Giving Tiers
Young alumni within their first 15 years beyond graduation are invited to join Young Benefactors by giving at the levels below. You can choose to give a one-time annual gift or set up a monthly gift through automatic bank draft or credit card.
For the current 2022-2023 Fiscal Year:
- 0-3 years post-graduation (2022, 2021, 2020, 2019): minimum gift of $250 or $21/month
- 4-6 years post-graduation (2018, 2017, 2016): minimum gift of $500 or $42/month
- 7-9 years post-graduation (2015, 2014, 2013): minimum gift of $750 or $63/month
- 10-14 years post-graduation (2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008): minimum gift of $1,500 or $125/month
- 15 years post-graduation (2007): $2,500+ or $209/month (invitation to Bell Tower Society is also extended)
Gifts from a married alum where both spouses are Furman alumni are soft-credited to the other spouse, so one qualifying YB gift will automatically qualify both of you, and you do not both need to make separate YB gifts. We also honor the later graduation year (lower amount) between alumni couples if there is a difference is spouse graduation years.
You can give to any fund to qualify. If you’d like help knowing if an academic department or student service fund is available, please reach out to YB Program Manager Rebecca Lunceford at Rebecca.email@example.com.
Give Today and Become a Young Benefactor
Contact Information Update
Moved or changed jobs recently? Use the link below to quickly update your alumni profile with your life changes. The more accurate information we have the more tailored our communications and outreach can be kept to relevant information.
Questions or want to learn more?
Click the link below to schedule an in-person or virtual meeting with Rebecca Lunceford, Young Benefactor Program Manager. Take a few minutes to get some questions answered, give feedback as an alumni, learn more about alumni engagement opportunities, or the YB program.