The Furman Young Benefactors program embodies Furman’s strategic priority on young alumni and celebrates qualifying donors with special invitations to exclusive events and young alumni leadership opportunities. Young alumni within their first 15 years beyond graduation are invited to join Young Benefactors by giving at the levels below.
- 0-3 years post-graduation (2021, 2020, 2019, 2018): minimum gift of $250
- 4-6 years post-graduation (2017, 2016, 2015): minimum gift of $500
- 7-9 years post-graduation (2014, 2013, 2012): minimum gift of $750
- 10-14 years post-graduation (2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007): minimum gift of $1,500
- 15 years post-graduation (2006): $2,500+ (invitation to Bell Tower Society is also extended)
You can become a YB through monthly support:
Some of our donors prefer a monthly payment program through either an automatic bank draft or a credit card charge.
- $21/month = $250 annually
- $42/month = $500 annually
- $63/month = $750 annually
- $125/month = $1,500 annually
- $209/month = $2,500 annually
Why join Young Benefactors
Young Benefactors represent the strength of Furman’s young alumni base, and Young Benefactor donations help support any number of projects and initiatives at the university. Please consider a gift to any of the following designations that directly impact our annual needs.
- Furman United (need-based scholarships and assistance for current students)
- Furman Athletics Fund (athletic scholarships)
- Undergraduate Research and Internships
- Study Away
- Areas of Greatest Need
Benefits include Young Benefactor-specific events, local young alumni leadership, and early communication from Furman regarding key university matters.