Pianos for Paladins
PURSUING THE ALL-STEINWAY DISTINCTION
The Furman University Department of Music is recognized as one of the best and most comprehensive in the nation among liberal arts and sciences colleges. As the institution continues its rise in prominence, it is important our pianos – the instrument used directly or indirectly by every music student – be of a quality that reflects that reputation.
The university has committed to becoming an All-Steinway School, a distinction held by some of the nation’s most esteemed collegiate music programs. This means we commit to ensuring that 90 percent or more of the instrument inventory is Steinway or Steinway-branded pianos. Read the article in the Steinway Chronicle.
Investing in Quality and Artistry
Because the majority of the music department’s pianos are more than 50 years old, Furman is committed to replacing our campus-wide inventory to:
- Enhance music education and student outcomes with access to quality instruments
- Recruit more students, and attract those with leading talent and ability
- Recruit and retain renowned music faculty
- Equip practice rooms with first-class instruments, enabling students to explore concepts and ideas
- Refine performance through improved articulation, richness of tone, variety of color, control of nuance and concert-level dynamics
Your contribution has the power to transform music at Furman for generations to come. Help us offer students and faculty the finest instruments for practice and performance by giving today.