September 17, 2021
Furman Focused Update
Dear Campus Community,
The numbers are moving in the right direction for students, as there were 12 positive student cases reported this past week by the Earle Student Health Center (ESHC). There was a slight uptick among faculty and staff, with 4 positive employee cases reported by Human Resources. Thank you for your continued diligence in keeping our community healthy and safe.
The Furman Focused Dashboard was updated yesterday and will be updated each Monday and Thursday.
- Cloth face coverings should include at least two layers of fabric that fully cover the nose and mouthand fit snugly and comfortably against the side of the face.
- Masks are REQUIRED in all academic buildings and academic settings, including in the hallways between classes.
- Food is not allowed in classrooms, labs or academic buildings. The only exception is for faculty and staff eating in their offices alone or in designated break areas.
Flu shots for students
Students are encouraged to get a flu shot at the Earle Student Health Center. Just contact 864-522-2000 or email@example.com to schedule an appointment. COVID-19 and flu symptoms are similar, so the ESHC will test for both when students are symptomatic.
Upcoming campus activities
- Friday, Sept. 17, 7 p.m. – Volleyball vs. High Point. Free admission with Furman ID.
- Sept. 17–19, all day – Women’s Tennis (Debbie Southern Furman Fall Classic). Free admission with Furman ID.
- Saturday, Sept. 18, 7-9:30 p.m. – Super Smash Bros. Tournament, sponsored by Furman eSports. Watkins Room, Trone Student Center. Sign up on syncDIN!
- Wednesday, Sept. 22, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. – Poster Sale. Trone Student Center Front Patio.
- Thursday, Sept. 23, 6-8 p.m. – Rescheduled: FUSAB’s Low Country Boil, Milford Mall
- Sept. 24-26 – Family Weekend. Review events and activities here.
We are closely monitoring the number of positive cases in our campus community to determine the appropriateness of any adjustments or contingencies. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a fun, safe weekend!
The COVID Response Committee