To enhance LGBTQIA+ visibility and belonging on Furman’s campus, we welcome all members of the Furman community to celebrate Pride Mondays by wearing their Furman Pride T-shirts or other wearables (hats, pins, wristbands, etc.) on the first Monday of each month.
Members of the community can also participate in a group Pride photo by the fountains outside Duke Library at 11:45 am on Pride Mondays. You can access this information via a downloadable PDF here.
We still have a few Furman Pride T-shirts left! If you would like a shirt, please contact us.
If you are a faculty or staff member and would like to be included among the faculty/staff profiles featured on this page, please fill out the Qualtrics survey below: https://furman.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1GfW2R0FiugRJoG
Bias Incident Response and Support Page: Furman University emphasizes the worth of all people. Acts that violate this core value will not be tolerated. Accordingly, Furman has implemented a Bias Incident Response & Support (BIRS) plan.
- The Center for Inclusive Communities seeks to create a living and learning environment that fosters belonging for historically underrepresented students
- The Women’s, Gender and Sexuality Studies major is an interdisciplinary B.A. degree.
- Transgender Student & Ally Resources: Furman strives toward an inclusive community that all students can experience consistent with their gender identity.
- LGBTQ Resource Page of the James B. Duke Library: Access resources including books, eBooks, articles, media and open access sources on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and issues.
- LGBTQIA+ @ Furman: Historical milestones and events that advanced LGBTQIA+ rights and experiences on our campus.