Students standing in the atrium of Coca Cola Company business center

International Student Employment

On-Campus Employment

F-1 and J-1 visa holders are eligible to work without special approval on-campus up to 20 hours per week while classes are in session and up to 40 hours per week during school holidays. No special approval is needed for on-campus work within the weekly hours described above. F-1 visa holders are eligible for all on-campus jobs, including Federal Work Study. Find a job.

Off-Campus Employment

In order to work or hold an internship off-campus, you must receive authorization from the Student Activities Office prior to accepting a position. The two types of authorization are Curricular Practical Training and Optional Practical Training.

Students walking down a flight of stairs

Curricular Practical Training

This work authorization allows F-1 students to gain practical experience in their major field of study prior to graduation

Learn about Curricular Practical Training

Optional Practical Training

This work authorization allows F-1 visa holders to work temporarily in the United States in a field related to their major after graduation.

Learn about Optional Practical Training
Students in a group listening to tour guide in Coca Cola business center