What We Do
Ombudspersons listen impartially to all faculty and staff concerns and offer an environment that is conducive to problem-solving. In addition, they discuss multiple options for conflict resolution including appropriate resource referrals and applicable university policies.
The Ombudsperson is always an impartial third party and cannot provide legal advice or representation at any grievance, disciplinary, or judicial procedure including court testification and non-university related issues.
What We Will Do
- Offer an environment conducive to problem resolution and impartially listen to concerns or problems
- Maintain confidentiality
- Gather information with specific permissions
- Discuss options for resolution of your problem or concern
- Discuss University policies and procedures that may be applicable to your problem or concern
- Make referrals to appropriate resources
- Facilitate difficult conversations
What We Don’t Do
- Provide legal advice or representation
- Represent or advocate for you at any grievance, disciplinary, or judicial procedure
- Testify in a formal grievance or legal proceeding
- Assist with non-university related issues