Visiting Professor, Accounting
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 864.294.3312
- Office: Hipp Hall 201-R
swipe to see more
Mark spent the past 30 years at Bucknell University where he was the Christian R. Lindback Chair of Accounting & Financial Management. He and his wife recently moved to Hendersonville, NC.
- Christian R. Lindback Chair of Accounting & Financial Management
- Texas Tech, Ph.D.
- Virginia Tech, M.S.
- Oregon State University, B.S.
- Critical Accounting
- Accounting & Ritual
- Accounting & Metaphor
- Accounting Textbook Authorship
- Using Financial Statements: Analyzing, Forecasting, and Decision-Making, 2nd Edition, Business Expert Press, 2018
- Financial Accounting, 18th Edition (with Professor Williams), McGraw-Hill/Irwin, forthcoming January 2020
- Financial and Managerial Accounting: The Basis for Business Decisions, 19th Edition (with Professor Williams), McGraw-Hill/Irwin, forthcoming January 2020
- Changes in Annual Reporting Rituals of Financial Services Firms in Periods of Market Crisis (with Bucknell undergraduate, Kate Sowinski), International Journal on Critical Accounting, 2013
- Theodorick of Triple-A-Ville: A One-Act Play for a Doctoral Seminar (with Professors Steve Willits, Mike Coyne, and David Jensen), International Journal on Critical Accounting, 2011
- Listening to Accounting (with Professors Skip McGoun and Ann-Christine Frandsen), Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 2010
- Money n’ Motion – Born to be Wild (with Professors Elton McGoun and Mike Coyne), Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 2007
- Pedagogic Metaphors and the Nature of Accounting Signification (with Professors Elton McGoun and Mike Coyne), Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 2007
- Walt’s Street and Wall Street: Theming, Theater, and Experience in Finance (with Professors Elton McGoun and Doug Allen), Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 2004
- Interpretive and Critical Research in Accounting: A Commentary on its Absence from Mainstream Accounting Research (with Professor Richard Baker), Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 1997
- The Case for Qualitative Research in Finance (with Professors Chris Robinson and Elton McGoun), The International Review of Financial Analysis, 1994
- Conflict and Ritual in the Audit Profession (with Professor Sherry K. Mills), Critical Perspectives on Accounting, 1992.
Additional Professional Activities
- Instructor, Oregon State University
- Assistant Professor, University of Idaho
- Acquisitions Editor
- Business Expert Press
- Editorial Boards of various academic journals
- Instructor for the Pennsylvania Bankers Association's School of Commercial lending
- Aariety of positions in "the real world" prior to pursuing an academic life.