Successful ventures start here.
Are you ready to turn your idea or dream into Greenville’s next high-impact venture? This transformational experience is your best opportunity for a successful start.
GVL STARTS IS HERE TO…
- Help you move from idea to action
- Teach you the tools and skills needed to raise startup funding and grow your venture
- Connect you with a community of like-minded entrepreneurial thinkers
- Support you in gaining traction in your business
- Provide you with networking opportunities with local business leaders
KEY PROGRAM ELEMENTS
- Kick-off welcome reception
- Educational workshops
- Mentoring and coaching sessions
- Connection to the local entrepreneurial network
- Access to startup funding
- Graduation and “demo day” celebration
- Additional follow-on resources for successful start-ups
IN THE NEWS
- Recent: GVL Starts Helps Support Local Entrepreneurs
- Upstate Business Journal Participant Feature
- Upstate Business Journal Demo Day Pitch Competition Feature
- Upstate Business Journal
- From Here You Can Change the World campaign
- GVL Today demo day Feature
- GSA Business
- City of Greenville
- Furman University
WHAT GVL STARTS GRADUATES ARE SAYING:
- “The camaraderie, inclusion, and sincere desire to help one another was astonishing and rare. I’m left with such incredible memories and feelings of accomplishment. Thank you.”
- “As an African American woman, I had limited access to The Who’s Who in my city. GVL Starts provided me with many opportunities to meet and greet these people which truly expanded my network and provided great exposure to my business.”
- “These entrepreneurs are in some of the best hands in the state – and beyond!”
- “The exposure this program is giving all of us – we could not buy in ads or in any media…I am so happy for all of us.”
- “It has been an honor to be part of such an amazing group. I can’t wait to see the impact we will have on Greenville as we each see our dreams become reality.”
Next Cohort Starts August 25th
August 25th – October 13th (8 Weeks)
5:30PM-7:30PM on Thursday evenings (In-person attendance only)
Learn From the Best
This transformational 8-week experience will include mentoring from successful local entrepreneurs and business owners, coaching from experienced design thinkers, instruction from distinguished university faculty, and an investor community that's engaged and committed to supporting aspiring entrepreneurs and business owners.
Please note this application-based program has limited seats available to maximize participant intimacy and impact. Currently being offered at a substantially discounted rate through support from program partners.
*Need-based scholarships available
Not Sure Where to Start?
Join us for a 30-minute interactive, virtual information session to learn more about GVL Starts.
8:30 AM, 2x a month on Wednesday via Zoom