July 1, 2021
Summer residents: Masking reminder, other updates
Dear Summer Resident,
We are almost three weeks into our modified masking and distancing protocols for vaccinated individuals. Even with a low number of students, faculty and staff on campus, we have new data and critical reminders to share.
For the first time since the close of the spring semester, seven students have tested positive for COVID-19 and are currently in isolation. All were symptomatic. An additional nine students and two staff members are quarantining off campus. These cases were related.
So far, we have not had any cases of fully vaccinated individuals test positive or exhibit symptoms for COVID-19. As a reminder, individuals who are fully vaccinated are not required to quarantine as a result of an exposure.
Please carefully read the following reminders.
- Masking and distancing is still required for individuals who have not submitted documentation of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to the Earle Student Health Center. Individuals must be two weeks past their final dose to be considered fully vaccinated.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated should continue to wear a mask and maintain physical distancing at all times indoors, and wear a mask outdoors if physical distancing is not possible. The only exceptions are for:
- Students inside their assigned housing space. Masking is still required for all unvaccinated students when in common areas, hallways, stairwells and bathrooms in the residence halls.
- Faculty and staff alone in their assigned office.
- Individuals should still not eat in classrooms, labs or academic buildings (regardless of vaccination status), except for faculty and staff in their assigned office areas – see Guidance on Eating & Drinking Off Campus.
- The Library Café is open for lunch on Monday – Friday, 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. (cash or credit). Dinner service will no longer be offered after today due to extremely low utilization.
- The PAC is closed this Saturday and Sunday in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
If you have any questions about these COVID protocols, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope you are having a positive experience on campus this summer.
The COVID Response Committee