To apply for or renew your financial aid as a graduate student, you must complete the FAFSA for the upcoming academic year. Be aware that graduate students are not eligible to receive Federal Direct Subsidized Loans. Instead, you’ll need to take an unsubsidized loan to make the long-term investment in your education. These loans accrue interest while you are still in school. However, you have the option to pay the interest as you attend school or to wait for the repayment period to begin.


All applicants interested in loans and/or Federal Work Study must complete and submit the FAFSA. The Title IV code to use for Furman to receive your FAFSA results is 003434. Complete your FAFSA.

FAFSA Deadline

We suggest you complete your FAFSA at least three months before your graduate program begins. Graduate students will be notified, via email, when their financial aid packages are ready for review online at MyFurman.