As an active solo guitarist and chamber musician, Steve Newbrough has performed across the country, on television, and on the radio. An eclectic musician, Steve has played the guitar in diverse venues across the United States, and in vastly different styles, including electric guitar with gospel choirs, abstract twentieth-century music with dancers, classical guitar on the concert stage, and traveling the nation with the internationally-acclaimed Minneapolis Guitar Quartet. Steve began his studies with Gordon Kreplin in Elizabeth City, NC. He received his Bachelor of Music degree from the University of North Carolina School of the Arts as a student of Joseph Pecoraro. In 2008, Steve received his Master of Music Degree in Classical Guitar Performance under Jeffrey Van at the University of Minnesota. Currently, Mr. Newbrough serves on the faculty of Furman University and Clemson University.
- M.M. University of Minnesota
- B.M. University of North Carolina School of the Arts
- Thrum, recorded with the Minneapolis Guitar Quartet in 2012 https://www.innova.mu/albums/minneapolis-guitar-quartet/thrum
- Transcendent Figures, Classical Guitar Masterworks - to be released in September 2023
Additional Professional Activity
- Director of the Summit Academy of Music, Asheville, NC; Former member of the Minneapolis Guitar Quartet