Professor, English; Co-director, Furman Prison Education Partnership
Laura Leigh Morris is the author of Jaws of Life, a collection of stories released by West Virginia University Press in 2018. She's previously published short fiction in Appalachian Heritage, The Louisville Review, Bayou Magazine, and other literary journals. She is currently at work on a novel.
She has worked at Furman since 2015.
- Texas A&M University, PhD in English, 2015
- West Virginia University, MFA in Creative Writing, 2005
- Carnegie Mellon University, BA in Creative Writing and English, 2001
- Jaws of Life: Stories. West Virginia University Press, March 2018
- “Frackers.” Bayou Magazine, Issue 70, 2019
- “Muddin’.” Appalachian Heritage, Volume 44, Issue 3, Summer 2016
- “May Ours Be as Happy as Yours.” Notre Dame Review, Number 42, Summer/Fall 2016
- “Grief.” Stoneboat Literary Journal, 6.2, Spring 2016
- “Jaws of Life.” The Louisville Review, Volume 77, Spring 2015