Bennette E. Geer Professor of English
Joni Tevis is the author of two books of nonfiction, The Wet Collection: A Field Guide to Iridescence and Memory, and The World Is On Fire: Scrap, Treasure, and Songs of Apocalypse, both published by Milkweed Editions. Her essays have appeared in Orion, The Southern Review, The Oxford American, Poets & Writers, DIAGRAM, and elsewhere. The winner of a Pushcart Prize and a National Endowment for the Arts Creative Writing Fellowship, she is at work on a new book of nonfiction about music, destruction, and iconic American landscapes.
She has taught at Furman since 2008.
- Ph.D., University of Houston
- M.F.A., University of Houston
- B.A., Florida State University
- Creative writing
- American literature
- The World Is On Fire: Scrap, Treasure, and Songs of Apocalypse;
- The Wet Collection: A Field Guide to Iridescence and Memory