Furman has more than 150 social, recreational, religious, professional, honorary, and special interest student organizations. All organizations are open to all Furman students.
Student Diversity Council
The Student Diversity Council (SDC), is the umbrella organization for identity-based organizations on Furman’s campus. SDC strives to affirm the diversity of the campus community by embracing a broad definition of culture that includes, but is not limited to, world views formed by race, ethnicity, gender, national origin, abilities, sexual orientation and religion.
The Council promotes awareness of cultural diversity at Furman and the Greenville community. It aims to expand and share the responsibility of creating and sustaining diversity efforts to all major campus organizations through mutual support, communication, and co-sponsorship. Follow SDC on Instagram to stay up to date with upcoming programs and events.
Student Diversity Council Organizations
- Association of Students Interested in Asia (ASIA)
- Chinese Student Association (CSA)
- Disability Rights, Education, Activism, and Mentoring (DREAM)
- First Generation Student Alliance (FGSA)
- Furman Pride Alliance (FPA)
- Furman University International Student Association (FUISA)
- Furman University Chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Hispanic Organization for Latinx Awareness (HOLA)
- Student League for Black Culture (SLBC)
- Native American and Indigenous Peoples Student Association (NAIA)
- Unity Mentoring Organization (Unity)
Religious Council Organizations
- Association of Hindu Students
- Furman Interfaith
- Furman University Gospel Ensemble (FUGE)
- Jewish Student Association of Furman (JSA)
- Muslim Student Association (MSA)
- Secular Student Alliance
- Sexuality and Faith Exploration (SAFE)