News Release: Upstate Individuals and Organizations Recognized with Diversity Leadership Awards
PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – October 21, email@example.comContact: Megan Campbell | 864-239-3745,
SIX UPSTATE INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS RECOGNIZED WITH THE 17TH ANNUAL UPSTATE DIVERSITY LEADERSHIP AWARDS
(Greenville, SC) On Wednesday, October 20th, the Greenville Chamber and Furman University’s Riley Institute recognized the 2021 recipients of the Upstate Diversity Leadership Awards.
Now in its 17th year, the Upstate Diversity Leadership Awards program honors outstanding individuals and organizations throughout the Upstate community for achievement in promoting diversity and inclusion. For the first time, the awards were presented during the Greenville Chamber’s Annual Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Summit.
The 2021 Upstate Diversity Leadership Awards recipients are:
- K-12 School: William “Bill” T. Wylie Valued Lives Award for School Excellence – Sterling School
- Outstanding High School Student – Kori Gamble
- Outstanding College Student – Tyler McDougald, Clemson University
- Outstanding Nonprofit Organization – Mosaic Educational and Arts Program
- Outstanding Business – Jordon Construction Company
- Calder D. Ehrmann Outstanding Individual – Charlene Cheeks, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Upstate
The Upstate Diversity Leadership Awards originated as part of a capstone project in the 2004 Upstate Class of the Riley Institute’s Diversity Leaders Initiative. This group of Riley Fellows shared a vision to create an annual event to honor outstanding individuals and organizations in the Upstate who are making a positive difference through diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
This is the first and largest celebration of its kind in the region to recognize individuals and organizations for their accomplishments in uplifting diversity in the Upstate.
Learn more about the award winners here: https://www.furman.edu/riley/diversity-strategies/programs/2021-upstate-diversity-leadership-awards/.