Furman’s rigorous, integrative and individualized educational experiences define our reputation — and depend on extraordinary teachers and scholars.
With investments in those who live to learn, share their knowledge and mentor our students to success, donors to CLEARLY FURMAN will bolster this essential force for university excellence.
By investing in endowed professorships and funds that support our teacher-scholars, donors will
- Help us recruit and retain world-class faculty.
- Support outstanding senior-level faculty in academic departments of interest to the donor.
- Bring talented artists, writers, scientists and business experts to campus to engage with our students and propel fresh perspectives across our curriculum.
- Advance faculty work to develop innovative new approaches to teaching and research.
- Kick-start the careers of new faculty with three-year awards.
- Bolster our faculty’s highly personalized mentoring and advising work.
An endowed fund supports a senior academic position that enables Furman to retain and recruit world-class faculty members by providing research funding.
- Goal: $3,000,000
An endowed fund brings talented artists, writers, scientists and business experts to campus for a semester or year-long appointments, ensuring a steady infusion of new courses and fresh perspectives to the curriculum and faculty.
- Goal: $1,500,000
This endowed fund enables faculty to develop new ways of teaching, research and intensive scholarship work in their disciplines. It also provides for professional development expenses to redesign a course, presenting and attending professional and multi-disciplinary meetings and conferences, and involving students in development efforts.
- Goal: $1,000,000