The Pathways advising program provides students with intentional, personal and weekly advising the first two years of their college experience, bolstered by close work with faculty on research, internships and more. Our faculty developed this approach to build those skills that we know change lives — strong habits of reflection, attentive decision-making and a sense of purpose and agency grounded in deep self-knowledge and confidence.
Through CLEARLY FURMAN, donors can invest in endowed funds that aim to bring these high-impact experiences to every student, including programs that will:
- Support the faculty and staff in advancing the quality and innovations of the Pathways Program.
- Dramatically increase high-impact internship opportunities for students with financial need.
- Strengthen our extensive global experiences that build transferable knowledge and skills.
- Expand the mentoring and advising that are so critical to guiding students toward lasting fulfillment and success.
- Grow the Sophomore Shadowing Program that connects sophomores with alumni in industries across Greenville and beyond.
This endowed fund supports staffing of the Pathways Program, including hiring faculty, ongoing faculty and staff development, and program activity and operations support.
- Goal: $40,000,000