Furman Scholars Program
The Furman Scholars program seeks to honor high school juniors who exhibit strong academic potential, demonstrate leadership potential, and show significant involvement in extracurricular activities and community service. High school guidance counselors nominate current juniors to participate in the program. Students selected as Furman Scholars are eligible to receive at least $20,000 in scholarships if admitted to Furman University.
For any questions regarding Furman Scholars, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 864.294.2034.
To receive award certificates by spring awards days, counselors must nominate by April 1, 2018. We will continue accepting additional nominations until June 1, 2018, which is the final deadline for nominations.
Nominees must be juniors who meet all of the following criteria:
- A genuine interest in an education in the liberal arts and sciences
- A high school weighted grade-point average of 3.5 or higher
- Significant involvement in extracurricular activities and community service
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- At least a 1360 on the SAT, a 1360 on the PSAT, or a 29 on the ACT or Aspire (excluding writing)
Nominate a student for the Furman Scholars program.